Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is either the best thing ever....or the worst prank.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, holy hell. The karmic bitchslap they're about to get has the potential to be epic.

I was dreading any sort of updates to this thread, but not anymore...
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

• *passes out popcorn*
      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• *flips open the BBQ, and unlocks his booze cabinet*
        Stop hogging all the popcorn
        *munchs*
        Go get em Seraph.
        Frying pans! Who knew, right?

Comment

• Yeah, that sound you heard was tons of government Dept. of Labor guys metaphorically going:

(Yes, it returns!)
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Why J2K, I'm surprised you didn't bring up THIS one:

The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

• This makes me want to sit in a high-backed chair, stroking a fluffy white cat in my lap, and musing to myself - and anyone else who will listen - that everything is going precisely according to plan.

Or, alternatively...

Comment

• We're done. Stick a fork in me, somehow I'm not surprised.

Just got a notice from the DOL that:

1) The company is in the middle of bankruptcy filings.
                2) The company shut down their servers two weeks into the investigation, so "the website you provided was not found"
                3) Since the website was down, they could not "completely prove that the work provided was done in Virginia".

....The ridiculousness of all of this is insane. My only choice at this point would be to hit the courts, but hey, they've already filed bankruptcy. It'd be a massive fight, with a good chance I'd end up with nothing.

Sigh.
                By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

• Aw this does not sound good... *hoof hugs*

Couple of thoughts-have they any explanation for their sudden shutdown and reappearance? If they were bankrupt before,where did they find the money to re-appear?

Even if the servers shut down,I'm sure there's something like the wayback machine which would bring up the site as it appeared on a previous date.

If you were working from their office and that was situated in VA,or if you were telecommuting and your home is in VA,wouldn't that prove that the work was done in VA?
                  The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth Seraph View Post
                    Sigh.

Florida, you were warned.

(Yes, the gif returns YET AGAIN.)
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• I have the armored peacocks trained and ready.
                      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                        Aw this does not sound good... *hoof hugs*

Couple of thoughts-have they any explanation for their sudden shutdown and reappearance? If they were bankrupt before,where did they find the money to re-appear?

Even if the servers shut down,I'm sure there's something like the wayback machine which would bring up the site as it appeared on a previous date.

If you were working from their office and that was situated in VA,or if you were telecommuting and your home is in VA,wouldn't that prove that the work was done in VA?
                        No explanation, they're not answering my phone calls to their personal cells anymore. :P

I actually suggested that, but the DOL rep kept saying it wouldn't work, it wouldn't work. To be honest, I don't think they really knew how to handle something like this, and they would rather just make me deal with it, because it was "too complicated".

And yes. Yes it would prove that. Which they somehow ignored. Sigh.
                        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

• Oh geeze..im so late but...those jerks!! And hugs. And chocolate.

Comment

• I am sorry to hear that.

It'd be a shame if those personal numbers of theirs somehow ended up on call lists. I'm not suggesting you do that. Only that it would be a shame.
                            I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

Comment

Working...
                            X