This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesomeness

Thanks to the very talented RayvenQ, I now have a very cool way to keep my keys safe and attached to my belongings:

Close up of the links - they're really solid and even the cat hasn't been able to destroy them :P

Just wanted to share this with you guys - it's so cool
    "I fell out of favour with heaven somewhere and I'm here for the hell of it now"

Ah, chain maille. Fun! I dabble a bit in that as well. Though my cats have no trouble destroying the majority of my projects. I am partial to the more delicate wires though, as I do mostly jewelry

Comment

Nice.

There's a guy I know in the re-enactor circuit who also does some maille projects. I'll post his link up when I have 10 seconds to do so!
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

That looks absolutely awesome! Can't wait to get my piece from him now!!

Comment

I need to get my maille out and start working on it again.

Comment

How did I miss this thread.

Dasota, one day I'll get round to it!, I just kinda need to spend my money on other stuff/save it up n order to get new pc components.

Yeah the links are greatly strong, which is a good quality in a keychain, I cant' physically pull them apart once I've put them together, could probably survive being run over (not tested this I'm afraid) but your belt loops/whatever you attach this to will likely break before the keychain will!

I also have a shirt made out of the same rings....about 14,000 or so of them!

Was it before i added sleeves
            Last edited by RayvenQ; 09-13-2012, 12:00 AM.
            I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Very nice! Good work, Rayven.

Comment

I'm trying to get people to buy more of them, to try and raise money for some new computer bits, just hope i get a good amount of people interested
                I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Working...
                X