X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made a pie!

Well, invented a pie. Sort of.

It's an apple pie inspired by bacon-wrapped dates. It's got Gala apples, bacon, dates, and Manchego and Iberico cheeses. I even caramelized the dates and apples in the bacon grease. And the crust is so flaky and crispy it's almost like shortbread.

I am ridiculously proud of this pie.

PIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

I am exceedingly jealous of your pie.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

The cake is a lie, but the pie is delicious?

Comment

Did you make enough for Ev-ry-bo-dy?

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

It sounds delirious, and I am a vegetarian.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
            It sounds delirious, and I am a vegetarian.
            It has been unanimously voted on by the "World Council of Veggie Nommers" that bacon does not count as meat. It is a delicious slice of deliciousness that makes everything better, therefore vegetarians the world over can consume with no fear of being non-veggie nomming.
            My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
            It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

I wish. Fake-on isn't bad, though.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post

It's an apple pie inspired by bacon-wrapped dates. It's got Gala apples, bacon, dates, and Manchego and Iberico cheeses. I even caramelized the dates and apples in the bacon grease. And the crust is so flaky and crispy it's almost like shortbread.

As you should be! So, how does it taste? (And what crust recipe did you use?)

Pie rules!
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  Did you make enough for Ev-ry-bo-dy?

^-.-^
                  ^^ this! I want some!
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                  Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

mmm...pie!

always makes me think of this:

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/wab/pie/

Comment

You already know I think it sounds delicious. Any chance for a recipe? I'd love to try it, but I don't guess when it comes to baking. I'm not that good.
                      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Debi Smith sings it... Pie!
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post

PIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

You made a pie with bacon in it? Just curious, but were you wearing one of these when you did?
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I used this recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/t...ipe/index.html I think I may have had extra butter in the crust, though.

I used 4 Gala apples, about 6 strips of bacon, and probably 1.5-2 cups of dates. The bacon was cut into small pieces and fried off: midway through I dumped in the dates to caramelize in the bacon fat. Then I scooped the bacon-date mixture out, leaving the grease in the pan, and cooked down the apples in that for a bit. After pouring the bacon-date-apple mix in the crust, I crumbled some Manchego and Iberico cheese on top. I used maybe 1/4 cup of cheese, but it should be at least 1/2 cup, probably more.
                            "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
                            X