This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spirit, please open!

I'm so frustrated that the Spirit Halloween stores in my area aren't open yet.

I haven't been able to put up Halloween for the past 2 years due to some family crises, so I'm super excited to get the whole thing going.

I'm planning on having a graveyard in the front, spiders on the roof and zombies at my entryway. Also, I'm planning on decorating my car with body parts and finding some bloody window stickers and some "zombie killer" bumper stickers or something.

Aargh, the waiting is KILLING ME. I don't want to shop online because I need to see some of the things I'm looking for in person.

Open, Spirit, OPEN!!!!!!!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not even sure about the universe.
    --attributed to Albert Einstein

Opening late in my area too. What's worse is we just started delivering Halloween catalogs and it seems like those are running at least two weeks late.

Comment

I'm lucky in that there are Halloween Stores, two of them, both within a not-too-far drive from where I am.

I don't even know where the local Spirit is even setting up shop... Last year they took over the Holleywood Video building, but I didn't see any signs when I was over in that area a couple of weeks back.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Ours is setting up in a old KMart store and it looks like they are setting up for a good 3/4 of the store with merchandise. It will be nice to have a good selection this year. But I think I'm just going to put up some fall stuff and then my blow up witch in a pumpkin. Do my ritual candy to kids and king size bars to the adults who still remember how to say trick or treat.

Comment

I love Spirit! Generally Ill look around there and then find what I need online for less $$. I have a big Halloween party every year. Wish I could afford half that stuff in there.

Comment

I found a super cool website with all kinds of Halloween decorating ideas - I'm doing some of them this year.

I've already tried to check out Walmart and Target, and even some Halloween Express stores in my area, but WM and Target still have back to school and no Halloween up yet.

Am I just incredibly early?

Link to the website: http://www.halloweenmonsterlist.info/

Sorry, this is just my favorite holiday of the year.
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not even sure about the universe.

Comment

our spirit just opened not to long ago, and we also have a larger store called "halloween express"
              It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Ours opened last week. I have already spent too much money. I picked up the Deady bear and the thumb sucking zombie baby.

Comment

The Spirit store closest to me is open already. I love Halloween. I try to make a few custom pumpkin carving patterns each year.
                  I hate that I moved to a small town where the kids really don't do anything for Halloween except Trunk or Treat at church. I don't decorate or hand out candy anymore due to that. I decorated and gave out candy at work (library in a very small town), last year, but the director said I couldn't do it this year because of kids with diabetes. I was giving out sugar free candy that I bought with my own money.
                  There is a historical house nearby that is going to do a Victorian themed Halloween party on Oct 27th with an all-ages costume contest, candy, fortune telling, storytelling, pumpkin carving contest, and actors portraying members of the family that owned the house. I'll probably go to that.

Comment

We ran into Lowe's today for paint samples and I was surprised to see they had a sizable Halloween display. I never would have thought to look there but their prices were reasonable and they had some neat stuff.
                    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                      We ran into Lowe's today for paint samples and I was surprised to see they had a sizable Halloween display. I never would have thought to look there but their prices were reasonable and they had some neat stuff.
                      I know! I saw the zombie that hands out candy with the tray and leans down and says "we've been expecting you......" which I want want want. I also want a creepy tree to put in the middle of my graveyard, but they are too expensive.

This year, I'm putting a graveyard in the front of the house. I'm making coffins and I'm trying to figure out a good way to make them moan or shake and moan when someone walks past. I have a giant reaper and bones, ground bursting zombies, and tombstones. I'm also making graveyard fencing. Putting giant spider on the roof with webs and a cocooned person hanging down, and then I was going to put three skeletons together climbing up on the roof.

I also have a zombie from Spirit years ago that is motion activated and gets up and spins around saying "braaaaains...." and that usually scares the crap out of everyone coming to the front door.

I bought a cauldron and plan on putting dry ice on it to give the graveyard that eerie look with strobe lights, and I'm also going to turn my car into a zombie-mobile.

Yes, Halloween is my favorite holiday - and it's still killing me that I have no Spirit store to go to for zombie supplies.

Comment

Working...
                      X