This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kim's Adventures in Minecraft/Tekkit/Technic

As I'm-not-sure-how-many-of-you know, I'm an avid Minecraft player. However, I usually tend to not do too much adventurous stuff unless I'm on my friend's multiplayer server (I die a lot on this game. Mostly from falling and/or lava). On our multiplayer Tekkit server, we've got quarries and all that fun stuff.

Today, though, the server wasn't up. We were planning on it, but never got around to it. Thus, I messed around on Technic for a while. First of all, the world that was generated was kinda awesome. :3 After much attempting to find land (and finding two islands and *three* oil wells in the process), I stumbled upon a hearty amount of land and this thing. Took me a while to figure it out, but I managed to crack it open and get inside. Which was pretty fun. XD

After that little adventure, I decided/was encouraged to make a quarry. Now, as I mentioned before, I don't really *do* much on Minecraft/Technic/Tekkit unless I A) know what I'm doing or B) am on multiplayer and can get help from my friend. Thankfully, she walked me through it. And it actually worked! It didn't blow up or anything!
    Last edited by firecat88; 09-15-2012, 07:02 AM.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

I DID play Minecraft for a while. Then my boyfriend decided to install some mods on the server.

Which take me forever to download :\
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Ah technic. So much fun. I like using Equivelant Exchange myself then drift off into Industrialcraft for the Quantum armor. Then it's Ender hunting time.

And if you want to learn, Duncan from the Yogcast has a nice set of videos showing off and giving a tutorial for Tekkit.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
        I DID play Minecraft for a while. Then my boyfriend decided to install some mods on the server.

Which take me forever to download :\
        Ahh, yeah. That can do it. I'm having problems with a texturepack on Technic, personally. That and the game crashes at weird intervals.

Quoth lordlundar View Post
        And if you want to learn, Duncan from the Yogcast has a nice set of videos showing off and giving a tutorial for Tekkit.
        Oh, I love Yogscast! But, nah, my approach to Tekkit and Technic is the same one I used for Minecraft- Lots of trial, error, and 'I wonder what happens if I do this'.

ETA:

As stated above, my approach to Minecraft in all its forms is a lot of 'I wonder what happens if I do this'. This doesn't always work out well. In my world on Technic, I now have 2 quarries, both of which have finished. I was playing around at the bottom of one, mining up the stuff the drill didn't catch, and struck lava. Moving quickly, I blocked the lava...with a block of TNT.

I would be lying if I did not say 'Huh...I wonder what'll happen if I set it off....so I did. Both the best and worst thing ever. XD
        Attached Files
        Last edited by firecat88; 09-15-2012, 10:56 PM.
        "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
          Ahh, yeah. That can do it. I'm having problems with a texturepack on Technic, personally. That and the game crashes at weird intervals.

My laptop will not let me run the server unless I'm at my boyfriends house. My PC WILL let me run it however.

Although I haven't downloaded said mods myself, which I kind of need to be able to access the server....(I can still play Single-Player mode though)
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
            My laptop will not let me run the server unless I'm at my boyfriends house. My PC WILL let me run it however.

Although I haven't downloaded said mods myself, which I kind of need to be able to access the server....(I can still play Single-Player mode though)
            Wait, are you downloading the mods individually?

If so, go here to download the launcher. It covers Technic, Tekkit (aka MP Technic), Yogbox (a Yogcast assembled pack) Voxel pack, and Hack/Mine (an RPG styled mod pack)

Using that, it will download, install and integrate the full technic pack which for me is coming up at just under 200MB. You don't even need to have minecraft itself downloaded (though you still need an account with the game purchased)

Ahh, yeah. That can do it. I'm having problems with a texturepack on Technic, personally.
            Looks like you're using Sphax and I'm guessing the issue is missing textures, right?
            Last edited by lordlundar; 09-16-2012, 05:32 AM.
            I AM the evil bastard!

Comment

Yep. It seems to fix itself when I log out and log back in, apparently. O.o But yesterday the windows on my house were all funky and today it was one of the ore blocks that was weird.

Comment

Technic/Tekkit is far to much fun, I esp. love the transport pipes and the masscondenser ^^

Comment

Yep. It seems to fix itself when I log out and log back in, apparently. O.o But yesterday the windows on my house were all funky and today it was one of the ore blocks that was weird.
                  Yeah, thought so. It happens with texture packs not properly assembled.

This guy has an up to date Sphax fully preassembled. Just drop it in your texture pack folder and select it in game. Some blocks when held have generic models but will work properly when placed.
                  I AM the evil bastard!

Comment

Working...
                  X