This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since it's Friday the 13th...

We had to get a stupid person calling. And our poor new guy answered the phone. Since he's still learning, he usually answers, then puts the person on hold while he asks someone for help.

Now we used to have someone working here who had one number off from a local bank, but his phone is no longer in this office, so when someone accidentally dials his number, no phone audibly rings, but apparently we still get the call routed to our office. Ok, that being said, we used to get calls all the time from people who thought they were calling the bank, so new guy didn't know this, but I did.

NG=New Guy
    SC=Stupid Caller
    Me=This chick right here.

Convo went roughly like this:
    NG: (standard phone greeting + pause) Ok, can you hold for just a moment? *puts SC on hold* Hey, Shabo, this lady is trying to find out who to talk to about an employee?
    Me: Did she give you a name of who she wanted to talk to or the name of the employee? *thinking maybe she's calling for a reference or something*
    NG: No. *picks phone up* Hi, yeah, did you have a name of someone you wanted to talk to? (pause) Ok, can you hold on? (to me) She said it was someone from the North End Branch?
    Me: *A little confuzzled...* Uh, let me talk to her. *picks up phone* Hi, maam? Were you trying to call the bank?
    SC: No, I'm trying to find out who to complain to. This lady that works at the North End Branch just called and yelled at my mom, and I wanted to complain about her.
    Me: Right, so are you trying to call the bank?
    SC: No, I wanted to complain about this lady, and I need to find out who I have to complain to.
    Me: I think you ARE trying to call the bank.
    SC: Oh, you mean this isn't *Big Name* bank?
    Me: *wanting to bang head against keyboard* No. It's not.
    SC: *Clearly embarrassed, says a few things, then says goodbye and hangs up*

Me and NG: WTF?

Oh, and NG reminded me that it was Friday the 13th. Cheers to him!
    Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
    Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
    The Office

Quoth Shabo View Post
    SC: *Clearly embarrassed, says a few things, then says goodbye and hangs up*
    Wow, it MUST be Friday the 13th. The person actually had the decency to be embarrassed when she realized she was wrong!
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Twice you asked if she was trying to call the bank, and twice she said no, I want to lodge a complaint about someone at *branch*...so who the hell did she think she was trying to call to lodge this complaint? The gym? The supermarket? I'm confused...
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

She must've been trying to contact that large oak down the road; I hear those squirrels can yell pretty loudly.
        "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
          She must've been trying to contact that large oak down the road; I hear those squirrels can yell pretty loudly.
          Especially during Mating Season.

I'm surprised that woman didn't call back several more times demanding a manager or supervisor. We'd get that quite a bit back at the WD . . . our phone number at the store that was up the road from my house was 2 digits different from the local Cable Company (our last two digits were 88, Cable company ended with 00.)

So you can imagine what we'd end up hearing . . . so often, we automatically rattled off the actual number for the Cable Company, then hang up.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
          X