This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Man they Call Jayne...Also my Geekout moment

Had a customer yesterday who was telling me about why she came to the store.

Because our store isn't a major nationwide chain, we get a lot of people who don't even know it exists. But when they do show up, they find a lot of great stuff at discount prices, so I rarely hear a negative comment from a first timer.

Anyway, the customer tells me she was looking for an inflatable mattress in Canton when someone told her to check out our place. Of corse she means Canton, Massachusetts. But the minute she says Canton, I immediately start to sing "The Hero of Canton" without thinking about it.

Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayne~

The Man They Call Jaaaaaaayne~
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I actually went out and got guitar chords for the song. Best. Firefly. Ever.

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
        Anyway, the customer tells me she was looking for an inflatable mattress in Canton when someone told her to check out our place. Of corse she means Canton, Massachusetts. But the minute she says Canton, I immediately start to sing "The Hero of Canton" without thinking about it.
        When I read that she said "Canton", I immediately thought "Either China or Ohio".
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Well the funny thing is that trade with the Chinese was a huge part of revenue in Massachusetts during the 19th century. Interestingly enough it ties in with the Firefly mythos of how China and the US go on to become the technological superpowers that get us off the planet as it were.

Geeking out again.

Comment

Working...
          X