This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh no...please no!

So, we recently got new motel directories. I hadn't looked at them until today, when a trucker came in and said the directory listed us as having truck parking.

I looked...and sure enough, it does.

Except we don't have truck parking.

We used to have a deal with a couple restaurant next door that would let some truckers use the back of their lot during weekdays when they weren't busy. They both went out of business, and even though the buildings are still vacant (well, one almost has a new restaurant going in), the new landlords both say no trucks. So we have nothing.

Already, I get a lot of crap from truckers, since the company runs ads that say "Many locations with truck parking", and in their heads "many" means "all".

This is just going to make the year just so much more fun...
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Yeah those directories are unreliable. If the hotel is next to an unrelated business that has truck parking they list the hotel as having truck parking. When I was a truck driver it got to the point where I would call the hotel and ask them if they actually had truck parking like the book said.

Comment

They never posted truck parking in the previous directory, and it's not online, just a misprint in this year's book. Of course, it wouldn't be the first time they've screwed up. A couple years ago, they mixed up the northbound/southbound driving directions. That was a real fun year, too.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Gads, it's just like the Wal Mart RV Guide! It's not published by Wal Mart, but it supposedly lists wal marts that are truck/rv friendly for when you're traveling. Only the keep list US as such, and we have not been so for over 5-years! We keep having to hear "Buuuut you're in the BOOOOKKKKK!" Graaaaah!
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Working...
        X