This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know it needs to be done, I just wish I didn't have to deal with it

One of our on-site restaurants has kind of been allowed to become seriously outdated and, to be quite honest, disgusting so our new GM and new food and bev manager have decided to close it for an estimated 45 days, rip the whole thing out, and essentially start from scratch. I'm really excited about this as a simple update wouldn't have done much good as the previous food an bev manager let things deteriorate to the point where there are things literally falling apart because they have never been properly cleaned or maintained and can't be salvaged. The new food and bev guy has some great ideas and our current GM is really willing to embrace them and is doing everything he can to make it all happen, I think everyone here is excited about it.

The thing is the restaurant is directly above me. It is kind of an odd set up but with the way our building is set up the bottom floor is recreation, the pool, and the gym and the restaurant is upstairs (but since there is a hill the main entrance is on that floor) and so I get to hear every little thing they are doing. I can also smell the stuff they are using to take up the floor tiles and I'm sure I'll have lots more smells and sounds to look forward to in the next month and a half. Thankfully my boss is very understanding (she usually is about everything but in this case it doesn't hurt that her office is right down the hall so she gets to hear all of the fun too, although the smell didn't make it past her door, lucky lady) and she has encouraged us to take short 5 minute walks and such outside or to camp out in the gym (which has air purifiers and such as well as sound insulation as it is next to the pump room for the pool) in order to clear our heads. I'm so not looking forward to a month and a half of this.

I would check that the stuff they are using is safe for you to be around. I know when they were doing up half of our offices at a prior job all the builders were using masks and yet we only had a polythene curtain between us and them and that didn't really stop the dirt and fumes coming through.

I remember that a coworker (on a day I wasn't there) said they had to evacuate the offices for part the day while they were laying the new floor due to the fumes.
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Working...
    X