This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to go talk to the big man in charge today

After all the problems with my DORR, I've finally had enough. I'm going to go talk to the COO (his boss), I'm just waiting for him to get in. I can't keep living this way.

Wish me luck.

LUCK! Holding thumbs
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Ugg, I need to calm down before I speak to him. I'm actually scared enough that I feel like I'm going to throw up. Maybe it's because I've never ever done this before. I'm scared it's going to blow up in my face, or worse, that he'll blow me off. But I need to stick to my guns. My coworkers are too scared of DORR to speak up, but since DORR is the problem and I have the guts, I need to do it. But I am scared.
      Last edited by Moirae; 12-21-2011, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Good luck!
        Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

Good luck. I hope it goes well.

Comment

Good luck.
            "So you think they named this ship the "Chimera" because there's a monster on board?" Tony DiNozzo

"They did not name it the puppy" Ziva David - NCIS, Chimera

Comment

So yeah, he didn't show up today. Going to try tomorrow.

Comment

Good luck *virtual hugs*

Oh & *passes soothing beverage of choice*

*and cookies*
                Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                What's the difference?
                We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

More Good Luck wishes for you!
                  Here's a cough drop >o< to help you talk.
                  No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Ok, I just got back from talking to him. Wow, he wanted to talk.

I like my COO, always have. He has this way of making you feel calmer even when you come in pissed off without doing anything at all but talking to you like an equal.

We talked about alot, including whats going on with the company. Most of which isn't really important to this topic so I won't bother posting it.

I told him that DORR is rude, condescending, tactless, and adversarial.

I explained that he has driven both me and my coworker to tears at different times by overreacting to small things and explained what happened in them.

I told him that he says we can talk to him but we don't feel like we can, and that we don't bother to bring up any ideas to help increase things like reservations because there's no point since he wouldn't listen anyway.

I explained to him that we had all worked it out about the schedule between the three of us and that DORR had agreed to it before, but suddenly changed it for no reason. That there was no reason for it because its still going to be the busiest Mondays and Fridays, and there's still going to be the same number of us on based on what we know to be the busiest days of the week.

I told him that I know we aren't bad employees. We don't take off whenever we feel like, and we don't mouth off at guests.

That I know sometimes we might snap at each other or at him, but he takes it to a level that it doesn't need to go by pulling us into his office, and making us feel like we've done the worst possible thing in the world by snapping at him when it would have just been better to say "Hold on, what was that about?" and getting an explanation. I even explained that I snapped at DORR once and why, and the exact tone I said it in. And brought up what happened with my coworker the other day.

That we feel bullied, and harassed because he just doesn't stop pushing over the silliest simplest of things like minor mistakes.

I told him that everyone in the reservations office has been to HR many times over the way DORR behaves and speaks towards the staff. But nothing has changed.

I also told him that the SAA quit because of DORR's attitude towards her.

I told him that the other girls in the department were too scared to come to talk to him because they were scared of DORR's vindictiveness and provided an example of that behavior to him (one that he's aware of already since he saw it happen the other day). And that, whether it actually was vindictiveness or not doesn't matter because that's how it looks to the staff.

I told him that he really should know that all of us in the department want to quit as soon as possible, because of DORR.

COO said that he hasn't heard about problems with reservations from the hotels, so he doesn't know where DORR's complaints are coming from but that DORR is very young (he's 26) and is pushing too hard. He told me he'd speak to DORR without telling him who complained, but telling him that he has noticed some things and to back off. He said that he can tell this is important or I wouldn't have come in to talk to him about it. He said he will handle it as soon as everyone gets back from holidays (DORR is off till Monday. Yay, I'm off on Monday).

Now we play the waiting game.

My coworkers said I came back and my face is beat red. When I'm under pressure, my face gets red. It feels hot to the touch.

I hate that I had to do that but it had to be done. We can't keep living like this.
                    Last edited by Moirae; 12-22-2011, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
                      I hate that I had to do that but it had to be done. We can't keep living like this.
                      *standing ovation* You did beautifully from the sounds of things.

*Passes entire pitcher of Mojito mix* that should cool you down
                      Last edited by rose_metal_nz; 12-23-2011, 12:13 AM.
                      Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                      What's the difference?
                      We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

YAY!! I am glad he listened. I hope things change for the better for you guys. You are right now one should have to work like that.

*Passes the sweets and drinks around*
                        Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

I'm glad you talked to COO. When HR does nothing, you just gotta keep climbing. Sounds like you did a real good job. Here's hoping COO will resolve the situation now.
                          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I have to give you major props for talking to COO about DORR's behavior. Any updates yet?
                            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Congrats at how you handled it, it was perfect. Giving examples and owning up to your own issues makes it easier for your boss to deal with it. Hopefully, this will give DORR something to think about and the issues stop!
                              Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

Working...
                              X