This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• must be nice!

must be nice to have a vacation now. dont have to work xmas eve, xmas day, new years eve, new years day.

i only have to work the eve's but still...who gets this week off?

I get Monday off... 26th AND 1st... I volunteered to deliver parcels tomorrow.

Comment

Friday and Sat are my usual days off, My specific office (not the company) is closed Sun and I put in for Mon off months ago and it was approved. 4-day weekend!!

Comment

I have the option of a week - even slightly longer - off. I'm working as much as possible.

Because money. That's why.

Rapscallion

Comment

im just mad because this person lied to get the week off :P

Comment

I'm getting Christmas off because I worked Turkey Day. I also am taking a couple vacation days so I can get Armenian Christmas/Epiphany off as well (need the time to make baklava).

Hubby's getting the next week off, but not out of a desire to. His latest security assignment was a holiday arts festival, and it ended today, so until his boss finds another regular assignment for him his schedule is up-in-the-air. His boss says he has something for him next Saturday but nothing until then.

It sucks when people lie to get days off. One of our employees did that...she got Thanksgiving off, then went and cried to Boss Man (who doesn't do schedules at all) about wanting Christmas off. So we're giving the two employees who are willing to work BOTH holidays (who also both have young kids at home) a four-day weekend over New Years to make up for it. And if any of the other employees bitch about them getting that weekend off, I will tell them exactly where to put it!
            Last edited by bhskittykatt; 12-25-2011, 04:24 AM.
            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I'm off until the 4th as I no-longer work in retail, first time ever since I started working. In a couple of years, once I'm fully trained, I'll volunteer to work xmas as most of my team has kids*.

My commiserations for whoever has to work tomorrow, I'm being dragged out shopping . I promise I'll do my best not to be an SC.

*Without going into fratching, I can't stand them and neither myself or my g/f have any interest in having any.
              Not y3k compatible

Comment

I was hoping to have a 4-day weekend at Christmas...my usual Thursday, then an unpaid day Friday, and the two paid days Saturday and Sunday. No such luck as I was asked on Tuesday to join the cross-training class...but at least now I will get another 2-day weekend for New Year's Eve and Day I don't usually get two days off in a row and now I'm going to have 3 weekends off in a row, even if they were/are only 2 days each!
                "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Erm....I get it off.

Seniority's not good for much else, so yeah...takin' it.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

we got a new manager around thanksgiving. myself and the person i have mentioned worked that day. while the other shift and the "manager" had it off.

the other person, who im complaining about, asked for this week off. but never told our old manager. nothing

so with the new manager she told him that according to the old manager, it was ok for her to take this week off, since she worked on thanksgiving

talking to my old manager, he said they never talked about it, and she only worked on thanksgiving becuase she never asked for it off.

oh well. at least this week i can leave on time each day.

Comment

I got the week off. I've been off since 12/23. I have to go back tomorrow.
                      Sometimes life is altered.
                      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                      Uneasy with confrontation.
                      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

well she came back today, and was late. typical.

Comment

We just had one call out for two days.

1st - 5th off cause of it.

Comment

Working...
                          X