This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birdbrain

Or at least that's what my office has dubbed it.

My office was modified when we moved in by having walls built over the windows (except for the top two or three feet which are still free) and the ouside windows coverd with a highly reflective film. This was done so because my department of the hospital is Medical Records, ie super serious confidentiality.

Birdbrain is a crow/raven/large black bird who has apparently taken offence to his reflection in the reflective film. While sitting in the office we'll sometimes hear him do battle with this interloper onto his territory....

Me: ::typetypetype::
    BB: WHOOMPH!
    Me: O.o?? ::looks up at the remaining windows::
    BB: WHOOMPH! ::slams against the windows::
    Me: Ah. ::typetypetype::
    BB: WHOOMPH! ::does battle for another five minutes, then lands on something outside and proceeds to be loud::

So far.... five times in two months. It's kind of amusing for us stuck at desks.
    "There is a sadist inside me. She likes cake." - Krys Wolf, my friend

In a coffee shop in Whitehouse, Texas: "Unsupervised children will be given two shots of espresso and a free puppy."

Careful. He could turn out to be Randall Flagg.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I used to work in a building that had the reflective window film as well, and we had numerous birds fly into it. One was special...a woodpecker who just kept pecking at it. Silly bird...
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
        Careful. He could turn out to be Randall Flagg.
        Ah!!!

I'm moving to Denver!
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
        X