• Show
Clear All

Quoth Geek King View Post
    custom-made 64-bit gaming rig with eight gigabytes of RAM
    I hate you sooo much right now.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

... custom-made 64-bit gaming rig with eight gigabytes of RAM...
      Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
      So 8G is the new 10"?
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
        You'll hate me even more mine has 24 (6 x 4gb) on the down side it's under repair at the mo and it cost me 5k and that is pounds not dollars...

I'll post the specs if anyone really wants to hate me
        As soon as I start thinking
        That I'm sensible and sane
        The Random Hedgehog comes along
        And fiddles with my Brain
        (from card I got)

Comment

Both of them have been stated. But Open Office and Google Docs
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Textroom is a nice one. Not conventional but I used it when I attempted NaNo last year. Goes full screen, and you can customize background and text colour and is simply for writing...no more, no less. You can even disable backspace on it for those who want to teach themselves to write now, edit later!

Makes a nice typing sound (optional) and has the word count at the bottom of the screen.

Comment

Another OpenOffice user here.

For Nano, I used http://yarny.me
              I was able to access it to work on from anywhere, and I backed it up on my hard drive at home.
              Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

If you're just after something that can take notes without too much hassle, I recommend for y'all....

http://www.evernote.com/

There is a limit for the free account, but generally it's more than enough. And it also runs on a cloud system: so if you wanted to, you can type some notes on your computer, save it and then bring them up on your phone. (or other device which has Evernote installed on it).

Oh and for the Aussies, Choice Magazine did review it and gave it 5 stars.
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Lady Legira View Post
                  You'll hate me even more mine has 24 (6 x 4gb) on the down side it's under repair at the mo and it cost me 5k and that is pounds not dollars...

I'll post the specs if anyone really wants to hate me
                  Fun! Do you use it for a lot of video/audio/graphics editing, or was that just because its cool?

PS- no lusting here, as my machine runs any game I want to play right now at high graphic levels, which is what I wanted, so I'm happy with it. I do appreciate nice hardware, though, much like I can appreciate sports cars I can't actually fit into at 6'4"
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Fun! Do you use it for a lot of video/audio/graphics editing, or was that just because its cool?

PS- no lusting here, as my machine runs any game I want to play right now at high graphic levels, which is what I wanted, so I'm happy with it. I do appreciate nice hardware, though, much like I can appreciate sports cars I can't actually fit into at 6'4"
                    I do 3D art as a hobby (I had the money and a bad case of why not ) and the more RAM the better for rendering. Also runs pretty much any game I throw at it heh.
                    As soon as I start thinking
                    That I'm sensible and sane
                    The Random Hedgehog comes along
                    And fiddles with my Brain
                    (from card I got)

Comment

Working...
                    X