This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tongs, People...Use Tongs!

This one was relayed to me by the boyfriend, who works in a small high-end grocery store chain in his area.

He was at the store's hot buffet bar, picking out stuff for his lunch break, dressed all in the store's uniform.

This guy walks up next to him, sticks his fingers into the pan of BBQ pulled pork, pulls out a big piece and eats it. His wife goes "How was it?"

My boo is in shock. I just told him "Welcome to retail." Then reminded him this is exactly why I don't buy food from the hot bars at the store.

That is disgusting!
    Note to self: Hot glass looks like Cold glass.

Comment

It's not just retail. I wont eat any brownies my sister-in-law cooks. She licks the knife after every cut she makes.

Comment

Given he's an employee, that sounds like cause to notify a manager and possibly get the guy kicked out (or at least told off). The Department of Health trumps "customer is always right".

Comment

That's nasty! I've seen people at buffet restaurants do this sort of thing. Gah!

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
            That's nasty! I've seen people at buffet restaurants do this sort of thing. Gah!
            I am guilty of this, but only once. The reason I used my hand instead of the provided utensil is because the roll I was grabbing slipped from the tongs onto the little counter area, which had all sorts of spilt sauces and condiments on it, and I was throwing it away.
            Note to self: Hot glass looks like Cold glass.

Comment

Quoth apocolypse101 View Post
              I am guilty of this, but only once. The reason I used my hand instead of the provided utensil is because the roll I was grabbing slipped from the tongs onto the little counter area, which had all sorts of spilt sauces and condiments on it, and I was throwing it away.
              Once it's out of the serving tray (and staying out), that's another story.

Comment

And whilst we're at it,if your orrible little offspring has a need to wipe their nose,then please use a tissue-hell,we'll find you one if you haven't got one.
                Whilst the sleeve of something on our racks is very convenient as a hanky,it doesn't make it very pleasant for the next person who actually wants that garment...
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
                X