Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They're going to have to start putting more money in the collection plate on Sundays!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're going to have to start putting more money in the collection plate on Sundays!

So my coworker got a funny call today. A church leases some equipment from us and has a quarterly payment that's around $300 or so. We require that the customer's insurance cover any event that renders the machine useless, such as a fire, flood, someone driving into your front window, etc. (Yeah, that's another story--that happened last month; the car hit the equipment and cracked it in half.) If the customer wants, we will eat the cost of replacement if they carry a replacement plan in lieu of their insurance. It usually runs them between $15 and $30 a quarter: very reasonable.
    Well, this church got charged almost $5,000 for the replacement plan for this quarter. It took me a few seconds to see what was wrong; I see large amounts like that every other day. I just had to realize which line item it was. I don't even know how that happened! Mis-key? Yeah, they shouldn't pay that.

Update: just found another one that's over 8 times as much.
    Last edited by Food Lady; 07-18-2017, 05:28 PM.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

I'm guessing the one that's 8 times as much was for a Limited Collector's Edition Machine Plated with 24K Gold?
    "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
    --StanFlouride

Comment

Quoth Jack T. Chance View Post
      I'm guessing the one that's 8 times as much was for a Limited Collector's Edition Machine Plated with 24K Gold?
      Not necessarily. When I was working installing Suspended Ceilings back in New Zealand, I had to be very careful around some equipment that had been pre-installed at places like supermarkets, cafeterias and the like - some of the equipment ran into the hundreds-of-thousands, if not MILLIONS of dollars (such as a very expensive MRI scanner on one job at a medical centre that was valued at a little under $900,000. THAT job was interesting.)
      Last edited by Kagato; 11-04-2017, 07:54 AM.
      Violets are blue,
      Roses are red,
      I bequeath to thee...
      A boot to the head >_>

Comment

I don't think we have anything that runs in the millions. Some associated costs are around $60,000 a month. I can't say what that's for without revealing my company but I will say this: one NFL team in particular has a lot of money to throw at a certain gov't. agency.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
        X