This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former retail worker, current fast food worker

My internet name is Shotgun Chuck and I hail from giant, beautiful Alaska. I've spent a little time in retail, but I have few stories from those jobs; Alaska retail customers, as a group, seem to be pretty chill folks. I just started working at a national fast food chain, and somehow it doesn't look like that luck will hold any longer.

If you're reading this, a moderator has probably approved my other thread by now.
    Just stay out of the "workplace memes" thread. Please. I mean it.

Welcome aboard!

Kick your shoes off and warm yer toes by the fire. Someone should be along shortly with the chocolate and booze (if yer of age, of course ).

If ya have any questions, ask away!
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I'm not quite of age for the booze (just a few months now), but I could definitely go for the chocolate. And a funny avatar, as soon as I have enough posts to view profiles.

Comment

Glad to meet you! I spent some time in retail, although I was in California. Never been to Alaska, though.

Comment

Have patience; it will come. It will come.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Just curious, but do any restaurants in Alaska "rub it in" about a certain other state's loss of its status by describing items on the "for smaller appetites" section of the menu as "A Texas-sized portion of..."?
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Never really seen that.

Comment

Q: Why don't Texans want the state of Alaska cut in half?
                A: Because then Texas would be the third largest state....
                “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Fun (for non-Texans) trivia: Texas managed to lose its distinction as the largest state in the United States to a state SMALLER than itself (California, 1861).
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X