Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sickbay

Closed Thread

The 2016 Cold and Flu Thread
Old 11-26-2016, 01:13 AM
Almighty Web Producer

Default The 2016 Cold and Flu Thread

This is the place where you can post stories about cold and flu season here.

My story starts on Sunday, with a sore throat. I gargled with salt water and in three days, the sore throat was replaced with bouts of hacking and coughing. I'm currently battling this phase with more salt water, cough syrup, as much rest as I can, Tylenol (for my pre-monthly-ow headaches) and lozenges. Of course, I brush my teeth after sucking on my last lozenge for the day and before going to bed.

What about you?

Enter Cindyland here!

Old 11-27-2016, 03:59 AM
Bacon Whisperer

I've contracted Fifth Disease from my nephew. No sore throat at all, just intense nausea, muscle pains and fever. Effects are lingering. Good times...

Old 11-27-2016, 04:24 AM
Lunatic posing as normal!

Woke up the day after my birthday with a sore scratchy throat and it has been developing all day into something more.
Happy freakin birthday to me.

Old 11-27-2016, 09:32 PM
Area Manager

I got the flu shot at least a week ago and my arm still hurts.

Old 11-27-2016, 11:03 PM
Front End Supervisor

Got my shot the 17th, just one night of vaccination reaction. Took a dose of Tylenol and slept it off.

Old 11-28-2016, 02:00 AM
Area Manager

I never get flu shots, they're simply not effective enough and the effectiveness is going down as the strains that aren't chosen for immunization are the ones that wind up spreading.

I picked up my cold a bit more than a week ago and it's still dogging me.

Old 12-02-2016, 05:05 AM
I need a life

I have seasonal allergies, and it's that time of year where my sinuses keep switching between feeling fine, aching, or running like crazy. And something I learned this week, is that allergies can lead to an ear infection. So I'm currently on antibiotics dealing with my very first ear infection and all the pain and suck that comes with it. As an added bonus, the doctor cleaned out my ears for the first time, which was an extra special and painful experience. What joy.

Old 12-02-2016, 06:17 AM
Resident guinea pig

Little Ara has had an adventurous week. We took her into the doctor on Monday to have a swollen toe looked at to make sure it wasn't broken (it wasn't), and while we were sitting in the waiting room, we noticed she was really warm. Within ten minutes of getting into a room she had thrown up all over me and we had determined her temperature was 102. Two hours later, after x-rays and being thrown up on twice more, we left with a prescription for an anti-nausea med that wasn't available anymore. Cue an hour of going back and forth between the doctor's office and the pharmacy (and remember, I just spent two hours sitting in vomit-covered clothes and we're an hour from home so I haven't changed yet), we get some ibuprofen and the anti-nausea meds into her. She threw up one more time, and her fever cleared up over the next few days.

BUT! That's not where it ends. At the doctor's office we noticed she was developing a rash that we had attributed to such a high fever. Well, that rash continued to get worse even as her fever dropped and she began generally feeling better. Yesterday, my grandmother had to watch her while Hubs and I were at school/work, and noticed that less than 20 minutes after giving her a dose of ibuprofen, she had a rash so bad that her right eye was nearly swollen shut. An antihistamine later and it was much better, but now we know that she's allergic to ibuprofen. They had given her a dose at the doctor's office and every time we gave her another, the rash got worse, and my grandmother was the first to notice the connection.

And today, despite being fever-, rash-, and nausea-free, she has a cold. That Hubs and I seem to have caught. Colds drain me of all energy so after a week of caring for a severely sick toddler, I'm even more exhausted.

I am totally done with this constantly-being-sick thing.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Old 12-06-2016, 06:10 AM
Almighty Web Producer

It's been more than two weeks since my sore throat started. I'm feeling much better, but I still get the occasional cough. It's like there's something there that wants to get out, but is doing it very slowly.

Enter Cindyland here!

Old 12-07-2016, 05:51 PM
Pharmacist

So pissed off right now.

Tried to fill Tamiflu for a Fideliscare NY patient today. Script rejects "GENERIC SUBST REQ FOR PAYMENT".

I call Caremark, they tell me I have to dispense Alvogen's generic.

What freaking generic. The patent expires 2/23/2017. Apparently there was a news article stating that they'd reached a settlement with Alvogen allowing them to go into production earlier, and some moron at Fidelis jumped the gun and disallowed the brand as of today. I've tried three wholesalers, not one of them even lists any generic oseltamivir availability as of now. I challenged them to provide me an NDC. "We can't provide you with one." Of course not, because there isn't any yet. Fscking morons what they are. They suggested that I either call the plan and try to arrange for a one time override, or have the patient pay cash. Right, a Medicaid patient can reach into his damn pocket and pull out $150+ for a drug that isn't even worth taking in the first place.

Edit: As I type this, I get a fax from Anda telling me I can pre-book the generic for delivery next monday. Thanks a whole damn lot, guys.

Edit: So we called the doctor and had them switch it for the suspension, which is still patented. At the adult dose he's going to need 125 ml, which at 60ml/bottle means I have to bill three bottles, which is gonna cost them way more than 10 capsules. Suck it Fidelis.
Closed Thread