This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• isn't skin important???

So I have weird thing in my skin, it's like a lump but it doesn't hurt, and it's been there for months and months. I think it might be an ingrown hair, but not sure. Anyway, I looked online for a dermatologist nearby, and couldn't find any! All I saw was dentists and plastic surgeons. Where's all the dermatologist or am i missing something? I don't have a primary physician. Or is it under General practice Drs. I think skin should be important. I mean it guards your organs and it's the biggest organ of all you'd think more Dr.s about it would be around Probably the $$ is in plastic surgery and teeth though. :\
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Find a cheap GP and see what he can do; if he's unable to help, ask for a referral to a dermatologist (make sure they're both covered by your insurance, if applicable).
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

What Eric said; that's the general route. Anything like that you want to get checked by someone to rule out cancer. If I can't find an image online that matches, I go in. (I found by a simple description search in images that I have cherry angiomas, which are benign. But if they weren't so easily recognizable I'd see my GP.)
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
      X