This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Ruined Christmas! - Early!

The other day I was at the grocery store picking up some snacks. While I didn't hear any context or their conversation, as I was approaching the checkout, I heard an SC shout at one of the cashiers that phrase that we all know, "You Ruined Christmas!"

I wanted to shout at the SC that it's freaking AUGUST! Mind you, we recently broke our streak for most days in a row without ANY measurable rain (55 DAYS!) and I live in the western half of the state of Washington, know for its abundant wetness. If you don't know Western Washington weather, our winters are usually characterized by constant rain and fairly strong windstorms. So even if I was totally illiterate and didn't even know what a calendar was, I would probably realize that if it's 70-80 degrees Fahrenheit out and we haven't seen a single raindrop in almost 2 months, IT PROBABLY ISN'T WINTER!

Needless to say, the SC got plenty of strange looks as they headed out of the store with their cart.
    Note to self: Hot glass looks like Cold glass.

Somewhat related, but my store put up their displays of Halloween candy the other day.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
      Somewhat related, but my store put up their displays of Halloween candy the other day.
      I know, I just saw the first Spirit halloween store of the season open its doors the other day.

Comment

I don't get to ruin Christmases any more. Happy to see the torch has been passed.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I ruined Thanksgiving today. A lady came in to renew her food stamps. Her renewal month was 11/2017. The current system month is 10/2017. Not to mention that I would be working in 08/2017.

In plain words, she wanted to renew her food stamps 3 months early (food stamps have to be renewed every 6 months).

Even if I agreed with her plan, the system wouldn't have let me.

I'm also a b**** who wants her children to starve.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            I don't get to ruin Christmases any more. Happy to see the torch has been passed.
            Me, neither. Well, I do have 3 more shifts left....
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
              The supermarket where I usually shop had it out at the end of July.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                I ruined Thanksgiving today. A lady came in to renew her food stamps. Her renewal month was 11/2017. The current system month is 10/2017. Not to mention that I would be working in 08/2017.

In plain words, she wanted to renew her food stamps 3 months early (food stamps have to be renewed every 6 months).

Even if I agreed with her plan, the system wouldn't have let me.

I'm also a b**** who wants her children to starve.
                While I admire her proactivity in getting the renewal out of the way early, 3 months is WAY too early.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                  Me, neither. Well, I do have 3 more shifts left....
                  Well get crack-a-lackin'.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Awww....Did we not have any January/February "Ruined Christmas" stories on the board this year? Not having any ruined until August just makes it feel like we're slacking or something...
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      Awww....Did we not have any January/February "Ruined Christmas" stories on the board this year? Not having any ruined until August just makes it feel like we're slacking or something...
                      I know! I was surprised that I was the first this year!

Comment

Working...
                      X