This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the sup's response?
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
      This internet stranger is 99% sure that not only did he expect you to do his laundry while he waited, he is expected you to feed him for the privilege of ironing his shirts to perfection.

I know this because I once had a rather entitled co-worker who brought her laundry to work and left it by my desk. When I asked why I had a big bag of garbage sitting next to my chair, she told me in a very offended voice that it wasn't garbage, it was her laundry. Her washing machine had died and she couldn't afford a new one for a month so I had to do it for her.

Needless to say, her bag of garbage went next to her chair and she complained to our sup that I was being unhelpful.
      I think I might have "accidentally" thrown it away.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
        This internet stranger is 99% sure that not only did he expect you to do his laundry while he waited, he is expected you to feed him for the privilege of ironing his shirts to perfection.
        Entirely possible. The fact of the matter is, I normally would help him out but in this particular year, the crappy apartment was just an efficiency (albeit with a loft, so at least the bed wasn't right there in the midst of everything) and I really didn't want him sitting in my space for the hours it would have taken to do his laundry.

Plus, he hadn't really thought things through. On a two-month posting, anything but the very crappiest of crappy efficiencies will still be preferable to a pretty nice hotel room (and his was only moderately nice). I didn't want him looking around and taking inventory of all the appliances I had that he didn't.

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
          And the sup's response?
          At first our sup just gaped at her like she had grown another head. Then she told co-worker that her laundry was her responsibility and hers alone.

I can certainly see why you would want to dodge that bullet, wordgirl!!!

We are buying a new home in an area that doesn't have natural gas piped in. We will be avoiding messing around with a propane tank in our yard by buying an all electric home. Our current home has gas and we have a gas dryer.

One of the conditions of the sale was that they leave the washer and dryer because we don't want to mess with getting a new set right away.

Comment

Working...
          X