This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My package was stolen

Well, there's a chance the delivery date may have been entered wrong and it's really coming on Friday like it was supposed to. But there's the possibility one of my neighbors hates me. I don't know.

I ordered a new coat for around $100 with a coupon. It wouldn't be the end of the world to lose the money, but it wouldn't be fun. My concern is more selfish: it's a distinctive color and I don't want someone else in town having the same style coat as me. (I'm getting it replaced and got to pick Friday for delivery, which is my day off.)

I'm just so irritated if it was stolen. I'm not losing out but the clothing retailer is. Yeah, they're a big company, but theft is theft. They shouldn't have to foot the bill. They are, though, and I am so pleased with them. The customer service dude was awesome, really friendly and able to stick to a script but still sound like a human. Haha, I think I threw him off his train of thought when I said he should get a raise. Oh, here's the coat: http://www.jessicalondon.com/clothin...0&StyleNo=0368 I ordered the green.

Well, if any of my neighbors stole it--the ones I think may have--they are gonna be swimming in it. I've gained weight and it's a size 18. These women are like 7s.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

IF a neighbor did steal your mail, isn't that a federal offense? I"d report 'em.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I think that only applies to USPS? This was Fedex. Whatever the law says, it's crummy. I feel violated.

Comment

But do you have the hat?

Comment

That is a really nice looking coat. I would be pissed too if someone stole that from me.
          A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

tcg - Yes. Even messing with a mailbox is a Federal offense (in the US), as the mailboxes themselves are considered to be Fed property, as well (Yes, even if you bought it). For a similar reason, ONLY the USPS is technically allowed to put anything aside from otugoing mail inside one.

FL -- FedEx and other shippers will often use the USPS for certain parts of the shipment process. If the actual package was delivered on a USPS truck, then yeah, you may have a case. Check with the local Postmaster if so.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
              But do you have the hat?
              GK!!!! *runs at you and attempts to hug you* ahem My stepmom has a hat like that.

UPDATE: It was misdelivered--right building wrong apartment. It probably went to #2 whereas I'm in #7. I just tried it on and it matches my eyes. I have two detachable faux fur collars I can wear with it, one grey and one brown. That way this coat goes with all my outfits.

I will refuse the replacement delivery tomorrow so the second coat will go back to their distribution center.

Comment

Glad you got it! It's really pretty.

Had a pair of shoes apparently stolen last year. USPS was extremely unhelpful. They claim their records show it was delivered to our front door. I know that could NOT have happened because at the time, the bushes growing beside the door had gotten out of hand and large branches were blocking the door (early spring and I still had not gotten around to trimming them). Our postal people won't even approach a door that's even partially blocked (or one near which they've seen a bee, a bird, a squirrel, or anything else; nope, not even kidding).
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

FL: Make sure to call them and let them know you're gonna do so. They may just say to keep it anyway (especially if it was ordered from 'Zon). If so, either you'll have a backup, or a gift to give to someone else!
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Re: Thread title...

... drops trou and checks ...

... Nope ...
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

hey food lady, check your private messages, I sent you a message about this.
                      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Working...
                      X