X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate when I have to complain

Not sure if I'm in the right section.

I try real hard not to be a sucky customer, but sometimes it's the only way to get things done. I bought some new tires. The way things worked out, I made it as an online purchase and in store pick up. My plan was (is) to get the tires and have a friend install them for me. The girl who took my order was very cold, non-accomodating and just not friendly in general. She seemed annoyed that I was only buying the tires and not anything else. But that's fine, I don't need someone to be my best friend, however it would have been nice if she went over some warranty options for me rather than just marking it all as declined. But like I said, no big deal, now just get the tires and let me be on my way. Okay, the guy just has to pull them down from the rack.

So I patiently wait, and wait, and wait. After 45 minutes, the manager decides to get off his phone and ask me why I've been standing in front of his office for so long. I let him know that I'm just waiting for my tires, and explain that it's just tires, just pull them off the shelf and I'm gone. He goes to check on the progress for me. During this time, I've seen quite a few parts guys casually strolling around, delivering some parts, then chatting with the mechanics before moving on to their next task. That's fine, everybody is entitled to a happy, casual workplace, but maybe light a little fire in your ass when it's a busy Saturday.

So now another half hour has passed. My daughter has spent all the time in this store that she is willing to, plus it's now into lunchtime and she's hungry. Okay, now I've had enough. I go to the manager again and ask him to find my order. He shoots back telling me that they are very busy. I reply that I can see that it's busy, that's why I've been so patient, but it's 4 tires, pull them off the shelf, maybe get these parts runners working rather than chatting. He sees that I'm angry so now he decides to get up and take care of it. 5 minutes later I'm walking out the door. Over an hour and a half of waiting for 5 minutes of work when the guy finally decided to do some work.

I hate being the jerk, and I'm sure his side of the story is how busy they were, but my complaint and attitude were the only way things got done. A customer shouldn't have to do this kind of thing to get simple service. I'm pondering putting this complaint in to their head office, should I?
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

I would, since you did mention seeing employees with plenty of apparent leisure to hang out and chit-chat while customers were waiting ridiculous lengths of time for a very simple order. If they had been obviously slammed and everyone running in high rush gear, that would be another matter.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Hell yeah. What happened to the first guy who was going to pull your tires off the rack for you? 45 MINUTES? That's ridiculous. Complain to the head office. Post it on their Facebook page - that's the only thing that seems to get results these days.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

You have a legitimate complaint. State the fact you. Don't get emotional, personal or demanding. That should keep you out of sucky teratory.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Yup. Complain. IF there had been some issue, which it didn't seem there was, other than laziness, then they should have let you know. But the fact you waited so long, AND the manager gave you attitude. nope, you ahve every right to complain, and I agree about FB - social media shaming works wonders!

Comment

Yes. You have a legitimate complaint.
            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
            X