This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth evilhomer View Post
    I caught him as he was leaving there and must have been in attack mode because one of the guys there literally grabbed me and pulled me back. One of my worst customers ever.
    I know how you felt. With my serial pest, eventually my co-workers would intercept him on the way to my office and ask him what he was doing. When he replied that he was coming to me for an update, they would tell him I was working on it.

Even that was almost impossible to get into his head. He always wanted the answer from me, and every half hour. I never got to the point of physical attack, but I started to get really rude with him. I don't know why he never complained about me, because I was only a contractor.

Comment

I am timed on all of my cases. Not only am I timed by my sups, their sups are watching my times. If I go 5 minutes overtime, I get messaged or even a sup visit to my cube because my sup got messaged.

The last minutes of wrapping up a case involves tying up a whole bunch of loose ends and having someone walk up to ask if I need help is NO HELP AT ALL!!! Just go away and let me do my flipping job unless I ask for help!!!

I am going to be 60 in less than a month. As people age, many of us tend to seem more patient, but actually, we have lost all of our give a s***. The small amount of give a s*** I have now will all be gone when I've actually made the big 60.

I don't care about my times because they are averaged. My times are good. Besides, I don't give a s*** about them.

I guess my sups don't care much about them either, because when I'm about going overtime, I message them and say "I am going to be overtime in this case. I am fine." That's all it takes to make them leave me alone for at least half an hour.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
        and I was given permission to ignore Herself's attempts to get me to hop on register or do anything else. The manager actually told me, "This is your priority."

So there were a number of times during the assembly when she would ask, "Are you done yet?" And I'd tell her no.

Eventually it became:

Herself: "Are you done yet?"
        J2K: "Nope. Stop asking."
        I had kind of the same thing happen except mine was not Manager imposed but work imposed.

/begin background

I will note this person is one of the persons (Yes there were others and we got proved CORRECT in every case) we collectively asked the GM NOT to promote into management. We all saw how she acted as a normal hourly employee and it only got worse when she was promoted into management.

This person I will call Phone Hoe because she seemed to be a slave to her phone. as in she could NOT put her phone away or stops looking at it or Tweeting or texting or Face Booking or Snap Chatting for more than a couple of minutes. It only got worse when she got promoted into management. NOW she had all the time she wanted for her phone. This was her way of managing a shift. Walk around playing with phone pretending to manage and performing as little work as possible and helping out as little as possible.

/ end background

One lovely Wed night we got real steady on deliveries. Inside dine-ins and carry outs were slow. most orders were delivery. It stayed steady right up till close. Now most nights it is up to the drivers to keep up with washing dishes (yes we have a dish machine) but if we the drivers can not get to them it is normal procedure for the MOD to at least help out a little with dishes. This is our store culture.

WELL PH is doing her usual thing this night and paying more attention to her phone than anything else and ignoring dishes. This is NOT the first time this has happened with me and other closing driver. We are looking at a literal mountain of plates, lids, high stacks of all our pizza pans, silverware, glasses, etc. we both know that this is going to take at least 2 hours of straight work to grind through this pile.

We both get back from our last deliveries about 15 - 20 minutes after close. I look at other closing driver and say "Ya know PH did NO dishes tonight NOR did she help in much of any way. Do you really care when we get out of here cause it looks like at least 2 hours of dishes if we haul ass BUT I say hey a 3 hour close NO PROBLEM. I am not willing to bust ass at this point" Other driver just looks at me and says "I could care less when we get out of here. Fine with me.

So for the next 3 hours we steadily did dishes (yes not as fast as we could have) all the while PH is asking every 15 minutes "ARE YOU DONE YET?????? N

No we are not and we would not be in this situation if you had helped a little. Slow and steady wins the race. PH would sulk back to the office and play with her phone some more

I had the day off the next day and came into work and had a "nice" discussion with the GM about PH. I straight up told the GM that if this happens again with PH I WIL NEVER work another close shift with her and if I AM SCHEDULED with PH my car will mysteriously have problems that shift and need to get fixed (YES I did say that because I wanted the GM to understand the gravity of the situation as I was fully prepared to lose a full shift so I would not work with PH as the MOD)
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Ben_Who View Post
          I pulled a time out of a hat that was way more than I'd need to gather the resources I needed, and he went away happy.
          Ah, the Scotty solution. Tell them three times the amount of time needed, then get it done in half that.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            Ah, the Scotty solution. Tell them three times the amount of time needed, then get it done in half that.
            And if they are a PITA give it to them at the time promised.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
            X