This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you better give me my money back

The other night at the hotel a guest checked in on the afternoon shift. She decided she did not want to stay (even after the afternoon clerk asked her if she simply wanted to move - even offering to upgrade her.) Apparently she saw a little bit of toilet paper in the toilet and questioned the cleanliness of the rooms. She leaves. Now, as for the billing - she had purchased said room on a 14 day advance deposit, meaning because she was willing to pay for the room in advance she was getting a better rate. Our front desk manager refunded her half of her money (and she did not even have to do that)

Several days later on my shift (midnights) I get a call from her mother. It was her credit card that paid the bill and she wanted to know why she did not receive a full refund. I told her that it was a non-refundable deposit and even getting half off was good. I let her know that being on the midnight shift there was nothing I could do and to call back in the morning. She proceeded to tell me that she was going to trash the hotel on facebook, go on our website and further complain and that she was disputing the bill with her credit card company. She demanded to not be charged.

I simply told her to call back later.

Reviews

Whenever I look up reviews of places I look carefully of the range of complains and number of each rating given.

A location that only scores 100% in every review is suspect, I have to wonder if they are gaming the system. Note: I know there are places good enough to always get a 100% rating, but I can never afford to go to such expensive places.

A location that only has poor ratings in every review is probably not worth going too and so gets cross off my list.

A place with both a range of good and bad reviews is probably okay, but then I start looking at reviews in different sites and forums to get an idea about the place.

However, if I see a bunch of reviews running from good to best to excellent and one or two reviews screaming how bad some place is, the only thought that runs thru my mind is that the poster of the bad review is either delusional or is lying to try and get revenge.
    Last edited by earl colby pottinger; 11-17-2017, 05:57 PM.

Comment

I always look at a range of reviews too. Some one star reviews are so obviously not about the actual service. They're about screaming. I look for details in the reviews that matter to me.

Comment

I'd say there's a higher than 50% chance pitching a fit about something stupid/non-verifiable and demanding a refund for the non-refundable stay was always the plan.

Comment

If Mommy disputes the bill, does that get mother or daughter banned?

Comment

Working...
          X