Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada's Worst Driver 13 (Possible spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada's Worst Driver 13 (Possible spoilers)

Well, four episodes in and things are already going along quite nicely. The graduands all appear to have more or less issues with nerves or confidence, not necessarily being a twat on the roads.

Andrew's skits are freaking hilarious as always. The best one hands down had to be how he introduced the shoulder check challenge - done in the style of a very cheesy 80's aerobics video, right down to the aerobics wear .

Water Tank challenge is next week! I want to see if anyone breaks the tank again

I love that show. I have been looking forward to it this year. I wish Andrew was still doing Canada's Worst Handyman. I enjoyed that too.

Comment

Quoth Arcus View Post
      I wish Andrew was still doing Canada's Worst Handyman. I enjoyed that too.
      Same. I've seen Seasons 4 and 5 and they are both absolutely hilarious

Although I like the experts on CWD a lot better, particularly Tim (who just seems to have some amazing facial expressions ) and Cam (who seems to be upping the snark this season - "Book smart, car dumb." )

Am I the only one who LOVES Baba G?

Comment

Yeah, over at Previously, a lot of viewers were disappointed when she graduated and we lost BabaG along the way.

Been enjoying this season too; there doesn't seem to be any truly nasty folk this time; just some nervous ones and a few early fodder types.

I do wish they would do the Distracted Driving challenge in the 2nd or 3rd week though. A lot of the early graduates usually can drive, but have bad Distracted Driving habits. Which means they often graduate before the challenges that would teach them a lesson happens.

Another thing brought up on the other boards, is I'm beginning to wish they would get the nominators to do the challenge demos. Andrew has been doing the show for 13 years; he no longer qualifies as a 'normal driver' now, at least to show the challenges are doable.

I do like that they have a former CWD as a nominator this time. I think that got her the auto-include for this season, but she has shown she really is a bad driver.

Come on Water tank! Can't wait to see how soaked everyone gets this year.

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
          Another thing brought up on the other boards, is I'm beginning to wish they would get the nominators to do the challenge demos. Andrew has been doing the show for 13 years; he no longer qualifies as a 'normal driver' now, at least to show the challenges are doable.

I do like that they have a former CWD as a nominator this time. I think that got her the auto-include for this season, but she has shown she really is a bad driver.
          Do you mean that Ashley's a bad driver or that Jillian is a rehabilitated one?

I've noticed in a few cases this season that they've had either Philippe, Tim or someone from the production crew demonstrate some of the challenges. I agree that they should have a nominator (different one each episode) demonstrate at least one or more of the challenges, although there are some that don't necessarily need a full demonstration (eg the road signs one).

I think over the years the show has gone from entitled jerkwads (Krystal from last season notwithstanding, BPD or not) to people with confidence or inexperience issues that are preventing them from reaching their full potential. Some of the challenges tend to lose their impact as a result though (eg the distracted driving one would be better as a 2nd or 3rd episode one).

The Gordon Ramsay skit from the last episode was hilarious, even if it did end a little strangely . I think Andrew's very relieved that the drivers are also far more pleasant to deal with this season - apart from Travis (and that's really stretching it), they're all actually willing to improve.

My final three picks at this stage are going to be:

- Shayne (he strikes me as the type who would willingly do the road test to prove himself)
          - Travis (inexperienced - while he's aware that the excuses aren't helping and he wants to change it, I don't see him improving)
          - Melanie (appears to struggle with the more "road-based" challenges eg the Shoulder-Check, Swerve-and-Avoid, but does fine on the more technical ones)

Ashley may or may not end up doing the road test (again, similar case to Shayne) but she seems to have made a LOT of progress, while Adam will graduate fairly soon I imagine.

ETA: Am I the only one who wants the tank to break again? Shelby didn't deserve it, but it was still pretty funny. (he drove over a foam figure)
          Last edited by LadyofArc; 11-21-2017, 12:31 AM.

Comment

I meant Jillian as the rehabilitated driver (especially after getting the Trophy in 11). That she nominated someone else was probably production gold as far as the recruiters were concerned.

That Ashley is actually such a bad driver was a good added bonus.

Really, I'm a bit surprised (and yet not surprised) that they haven't focused more on Jillian this season, since it's a chance to see how a former contestant is doing. The show is rightfully focusing on this season's bad drivers.

Still, I'd love to see Jillian redo some of the challenges to demo them and show how good (or not so good) she's become. And/or as mentioned above, let some of the other nominators do the challenge to show how a 'normal' driver handles them. Since everyone on the show (Andrew, Guy, etc...) are all very experienced drivers now.

Comment

* sigh *

I miss this show.

But cutting costs means a bunch of cable channels were trimmed, and Discovery was one of them.

Does anyone know if the show viewable online?
              "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                * sigh *

I miss this show.

But cutting costs means a bunch of cable channels were trimmed, and Discovery was one of them.

Does anyone know if the show viewable online?
                Discovery had a free preview going on... though that might have ended in October; I can't recall now.

You can go to the Discovery Canada website, you might be able to watch it there, but more and more often they have the episodes behind a paywall.

Otherwise, just keep looking at Youtube and wait for it to post there.

Comment

I'm from the land Down Under so I rely on youtube.

Damn, the water tank challenge wasn't too bad this time. Surprised that both Ashley and Melanie thought to bring hats but the men didn't. O.o

Comment

Ashley and Melanie are Newfies; those types of hats are stereotypical for Newfies, so while being practical, it was also just a nod to where they were from.

Comment

Not being in Canada myself, I watch it on Youtube. From time to time they get removed so I just keep an eye on This site to see when and where they are reuploaded

Comment

And my pick for the final three was waaaay off...

Very surprised to see Travis graduate. He did deserve it.

Looks like I was still very right about Melanie. I'm hoping that she won't try and pull a Dale (eg claim she's sick and leave when she's likely to be named the worse).

So I'm guessing that Ashley may end up in the final roadtest if she doesn't pick things up quickly - she's at least improving emotionally and not breaking down as badly as she was earlier in the season. Although I don't think Andrew will be happy if she's named the worst...

Comment

Well, the most recent episode was definitely full of surprises.

Shayne's completely normal, very surprised there. He also did quite well with the challenges I feel.

Very happy to see Adam pass the challenge that more or less spooked him and was his reason for staying in rehab in the first place. Although Tim's face after the "He came from your LOINS?!" crack from Andrew had me for a while.

Ashley seems to be doing better if you use her nominator as a yardstick of sorts. She's at least attempting the drives and less teary and stressful than earlier in the show. I can't really say the same for Melanie though

So my pick for CWD is likely Melanie this year - she really needs to move closer if she has a five-hour trip with her kids to hospitals. Ashley may end up "failing" and Adam looks to be the final graduate

Comment

I agree with that assessment all around. Adam and Ashley both are showing significant or at least notable improvements; hell Adam almost got the Graduation nod this week, so I doubt he'll be worst unless he completely falls apart tonight.

Melanie doesn't seem to be taking the show seriously, and seems content to keep mooching off friends to drive. What's worse, is the drive to the IWK isn't that hard at all. It is literally 4 lane highway all the way to Halifax. There is ONE exit and ONE tollbooth the entire way, and not really any significant traffic until you reach Halifax itself.

I really hope she doesn't get the Expulsion/"Failed" escape, but I can also see it happening.

Comment

*trying to keep this spoiler light for those that haven't watched it yet*

Well, I just watched the final episode... I agree on who they chose, but I don't agree with the experts on who they thought should get the title. Yeah the runner up made one big mistake, but that is nothing compared to running several red lights, swearing all the time, being in a foul mood for the entire final test, cutting across several lanes and from what they showed, a danger to everyone around them. The runner up did so much better then when they arrived. In time, I think they will keep getting better.
                              The person that got the title was the worst and clearly will go back to doing things the same way they did before getting all the training.
                              Last edited by Arcus; 12-13-2017, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X