Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada's Worst Driver 13 (Possible spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with the final conclusions as well.

As for everything else, I think they brought that up only so they could have an actual discussion over who was worse; in other words they were padding their time out when the decision was obvious and has been obvious for awhile now.

The Final Graduate was a good choice. They had clearly improved through the series and while not a good driver yet, they were more than adequate by the end.

The final runner up I almost say should have graduated too. When the final drive their only offenses are almost hitting 2 pedestrians in a crosswalk in the city they are not familiar with (while under the pressure of a televised drive), they have clearly improved a lot. Sure they should not have almost hit those people in the first place; but judging from the rest of the ride we saw, they were clearly relaxed, aware (for the most part) and having fun of the situation, all signs of a good driving (or an improved driver at least).

BTW, I loved meeting Canada's Worst Fan in the Tims drivethru looking to get a selfie and a quick parking lot drive with the contestant.

The actual worst driver checked out of the series episodes ago and was mainly just going through the motions it seemed. What's sad is that they have nuggets of good driving here and there; but they are just unwilling to learn. I get the feeling that their entire life is basically spent going "I don't know how to do that" and begging other people to do it for them. As Cam pointed out, it isn't so much that they don't know; it's that they "don't want to know."

It's very telling that the show explicitly offered to provide them with driving lessons, and 5 months after filming, they still hadn't taken the show up on the offer.

What's sad is she's from the town next door to my city, so there is a non-zero chance I'll see her on the roads.

And on a completely unrelated note, my mom is a friend with Shirley Sampson, CWD #7 from Cape Breton. Mom had a kick watching her on the show, and Shirley certainly ran with the infamy with the title. When she returned for the Worst of the Worst season, she'd certainly improved enough to graduate early (to Andrew and everyone's disappointment I'm sure)

Comment

Working...
    X