This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was nothing at all...

Yesterday Numbnuts came in at 7 and was assigned to pull and fill the autopulls in the system from the night before (only 35 SKUs thanks to yet another snowstorm keeping people away).

It took him about an hour and 15 minutes to do that. It would take me 30 minutes, if that, to get everything pulled and filled.

Next he was supposed to take out the pallet of sporting goods freight from the truck and fill it. 15 minutes to lunch I went in the backroom and saw the pallet still sitting there, looking like nothing on it had been touched at all. I called up my supervisor.

Me: Wasn't Numbnuts supposed to fill sporting goods? It's still in the backroom and it looks like it wasn't even gone through.
    Supervisor: Well, he told me he finished it. He told me it was nothing.

Well, he did get one thing right: It was nothing...for him. Me and my co-worker had 15 minutes to get it all out so we could get to lunch on time.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

It's not so much patience as knowing my employer and the law won't look favorably on me if I'm caught bashing Numbnuts' head in with a crowbar while singing "Stuck In The Middle With You" or something.

Comment

So it would seem yesterday Numbnuts was responsible for doing pulls, and in typical Numbnuts fashion he did not do them.

It's not as if he had a ton of carryouts yesterday either, from what I heard, although we did beat salesplan for the day.

Nobody noticed he hadn't done the pulls until one of the night managers went into the scanner at about 8:00, when it's dead and there's few people working, and noticed over 200 SKUs in there needing to be pulled, and she pulled all the floor people into the backroom to pull them just to get them out of the system.

We came in this morning to find 3 domestics bins, 2 flatbeds, and 3 shopping carts full of pulled merchandise from last night, which we had to fill in addition to the over 250 SKUs in autopull this morning.

Comment

Irv drinks because you stink

Today Numbnuts was on carryouts but couldn't obtain a scanner when he came in. So he came by me and my partner in toys to have one of us type the SKU into our scanner.

As luck would have it, the scanner decided to slow down right there, so my eyes were watering from Numbnuts' stench and I was wondering when was the last time he washed his work clothes, from all the stains in them.

Finally the information he needed came up, and then Numbnuts and his odor vanished.

Later on, I couldn't help but notice that Numbnuts kept downloading pulls for electronics over and over again. I suspect that this was so that he could talk to the blond girl working back there he has the hots for.

Later on, my partner and I were walking past the electronics counter as Numbnuts was shuffling off. However, I swear it was not I who said, to nobody in particular but loud enough for the blond girl to hear, "Numbnuts sure could use a shower and he definitely needs to wash those stinky clothes of his."

This also did not cause the blond girl to start giggling.

My supervisor also did not spit out her apple muffin in a rule #1 violation when I retold the story to the rest of my co-workers on the stock crew.

Comment

Guh-rosssss!

We've had hamburgers catered the past two days. They came in a big roaster oven swimming in a greasy, fart-inducing gravy.

Along with the hamburgers there were chips and dip, veggies and dip, pickles, cole slaw and a couple kinds of noodle salad.

So today I got to witness Numbnuts, while on his 15-minute break, load up a plate with of food and eat it. Did he take it to a table and sit down to eat? Hell no? He ate while standing up OVER THE TABLE OF FOOD.

And he chewed with his mouth open, like a frigging cow. And he was talking and probably spewing spit-drenched particles of food all over the food we would be eating.

He said he was on his ninth and tenth burgers in the past two days. He must've had eight alone yesterday. What a pig.

Meh, I guess hamburgers are better than those big bags of candy, beef jerky, chips and Gatorade he totes up to the breakroom for his breaks every day.

So in addition to being a lazy slug, filthy stinky pig and just generally the tragic result of a broken condom, he's a disgusting slob when eating. Hubba hubba. I guess this won't really come as a shock to most of you.

Comment

Numbnuts is quitting.

That is all. Party down as appropriate.

Yeah, it is of course possible that Numbnuts will wash out of the military or I'll end up with a replacement who makes him look competent and/or charming.

But for now I The end is nigh!

AFAIK, he's going into the Air Force. I've seen him wearing an Air Force cap. So I guess he'd be shoved out the bomb bay of a jet sans parachute.
              Last edited by Rapscallion; 10-14-2009, 01:11 PM.

Comment

There was an incident not too long ago that might have contributed to Numbnuts deciding to leave.

Earlier this month we re-numbered most of backstock. In apparel, somebody made an error and labeled two different sections with the same number. So when the scanner tells you there's an item in that location, that means you don't know if it's in one section or the other.

As a result, there was an issue with phantom locations in apparel backstock (meaning the scanner says there's an item in a certain spot, but the person looking for it can't find it, and thus deletes the location on their scanner). The apparel manager became certain Numbnuts was to blame for this, so she cornered him in the backroom and gave him a colossal ass-ripping.

Only after that did we locate the error and renumber one of the sections. Apparel manager did apologize to Numbnuts, but he evidently was very shaken up, close to tears and wanting to go home early I guess.

Then the next day he handed in his two-weeks.

If this were anybody else, it would be tragic, but because of all the grief and extra work he put me through in the almost 2 years he's been at the store, not to mention his BO, I say karma's a bitch.

Comment

A Numbnuts tale left untold...until today.

The Famous Numbnuts has been gone for almost 6 months already, but tales of his incompetence and sloth and nincompoopery continue to trickle forth.

I am told this happened last summer, one of the times he was assigned to pull weeds out of the "beautification" islands the city made us install in our parking lot at our expense. I don't yet know if this was the time he went missing for six hours, or if this was the time he was sent back out there to finish the job.

Anyway, he sought out my supervisor and told her "I sprayed some weed killer on those weeds and I don't know why they aren't dead." Sup asked him what he sprayed on the weeds and he produced...a can of ant and roach killer.

So yeah, that's the reason for the bump. Don't worry, Numbnuts has not yet been laughed out of Air Force Basic (as far as I know) and come crawling back. If that happens, I'll stick my head in an oven.

Comment

Working...
                  X