This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Queen of Sucky Customers

As you all know I work in a call center for a company that sells jewelry on television *cough* and dealing with sucky customers is part of the job.

Today I met their queen.

This miserable piece of Eurotrash, who makes Psycho Woman from New Jersey look like Betty White, was trouble from the start. She ordered a pendant and bitched that she had wasted two hours of her precious fucking time watching the show and that the hostess never showed it (bullshit). That's when I glanced down and noticed the note on her account about how she's rude, nasty and loves to complain about the hosts. She maintained that stellar reputation by being rude, nasty and difficult through the entire call, complaining about everything under the sun, and bitching at me when I had the audacity to offer extra things like insurance or other items she might be interested in (which is part of my job). She bitched and bitched and bitched some more, whining that she never understand any of the agents when they talk (not she's a champion linguist herself with a thick, indecipherable accent) until I was finally able to end that damn call.

I knew I was hardly first victim of this psycho hose beast, so in between calls I took a look at other notes on her account and this is what I found:

* Has made derogatory remarks about the looks of the show hostesses, has said they don't have the talent or the knowledge to host the show, and they only have their jobs because they must have family who work for the company.
    * She won't place orders with male call agents and will hang up on them.
    * Bitches at other agents that they can't do their jobs and why are they working there if they can't do their jobs.
    * Yelled at an agent and demanded to speak to someone "smarter".
    * Will yell at agents who have the unmitigated gall to call the item(s) she is ordering "pretty", "lovely" or "beautiful". She is European, you see, and she will decide if the item is pretty or beautiful.
    * Has complained that the company doesn't celebrate other countries holidays.
    * Bitched that different orders were sent in the same package and bitched some more that the order should have shipped on Monday instead of Tuesday (call center agents have no control over when an item ships)
    * Gave an agent the wrong item number, then found out the item she actually wanted was sold out. Naturally, she blamed the agent for it and told her that she needed to work on her speed and didn't need to work for the company if she can't do her job right.
    * Complained that the show wasn't matching what her TV Guide said it was going to be, and it was our responsibility to clear that up with them.
    * Yelled at an agent who couldn't understand her because of her accent, saying the agent didn't understand her own language.
    * Wanted an agent to call the "ugly man" (presumably a male show host) to ask him when he will showing amethyst again.
    * Accused everyone at the company of being drunk.
    * Our jewelry is for "blind, old women".
    * Bitched that our more expensive lines of jewelry are overpriced.
    * The company goes against "international rules" of measuring necklaces from clasp to clasp.
    * Our jewelry is cheap and fake and Americans are dumb for buying it.
    * Expects the agents to know the hardness scale of every single gem being sold off the top their heads.
    * Cancels or returns 99% of the items she orders. I can count on one hand the number of items she has kept.
    * This piece of work has ordering our cheap, fake jewelry since 2006.

So what we have here is a sociopath who gets her kicks on terrorizing other people. I'll bet a week's salary that our competitors have notes on her just like this. I made a note and how rude and horrible she was to me, went back again a few hours later and there were two more notes about how awful she is.

In words of Eddie Izzard: So........yeah.
    Last edited by Severen13; 05-07-2018, 03:33 PM.
    I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

What a holy

And I'll bet that your work has a rule against hanging up on callers like her?

Comment

Can't hang up on such a GOOD CUSTOMER, who's been around FOREVER. (Nevermind how much actual profit has been gleaned from this piece of ... work)

Besides, hang up on her, and she'll just hammer the next poor sod all the harder.
      Hang up on her again, and ... I'm not answering that one. I like my eardrums where they are, unruptured, and INSIDE my head.

Comment

Quoth LadyofArc View Post
        What a holy

And I'll bet that your work has a rule against hanging up on callers like her?
        Only if she started using vulgarities, which she didn't.

Comment

Quoth Severen13 View Post
          Only if she started using vulgarities, which she didn't.
          Given your description of your call with her, and the notes on her in general ... if nothing there qualifies as "vulgarities," I'd be mighty interested in knowing what does, in management's eyes.

So ... your jewelry is for "blind old women"? "Um, certainly, madam, and how's your seeing-eye dog doing these days? And I assume your walker or cane is still suitable for you?"

And your jewelry is cheap and fake? "Not unlike a few of our customers."
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I'll bet a week's salary that our competitors have notes on her just like this.
            Sounds like a sucker bet to me
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

You know a customer is really bad when you compare unfavorably to the obscene phone caller. At least that guy was polite.

Comment

Quoth Buzzard View Post
                Can't hang up on such a GOOD CUSTOMER, who's been around FOREVER. (Nevermind how much actual profit has been gleaned from this piece of ... work).
                Considering that some of these companies do not refund shipping, and charge for return shipping, there might be a small profit being made.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I used to get people at the fabric store who would whine about the poor quality of the fabric we carried. Um... Okay? You do know there are multiple little quilt shops that will sell you very good fabric at 2 or 3 times the cost... Or if they were complaining about apparel fabric, good luck! Go down to the nearest big city to find anything decent. I guess my point is, I have no control over what we carry, what the price is, or basically anything. Your life must be pretty sad if you have nothing better to do then nitpick the quality of fabric at the big chain store.
                  Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I was in a fabric store once when these two women came in. One of the women began loudly berating the store's fabric, going on about how cheap and ugly it was, and how she wouldn't buy most of it to make dog beds, and similar baloney. The store got very quiet as this woman continued to loudly make a complete idiot of herself, and her companion's expression was "I wish she'd shut up!" Finally she left the store, and the woman next to me observed, "If she didn't like the fabric, why didn't she leave?"

Comment

Queen Eurotrash made a return appearance tonight. The poor sap who had to deal with her noted that she was still bitching about last night's show and said that the hostess wore a bracelet that she never showed. Funny, she told me that it was pendant the hostess didn't show. Gosh, do you think she could be....you know...lying?

Comment

I'm constantly amazed at the abuse that customer service people have to put up with. And why? Do these people really generate all that much money for the company? What if we all started refusing to serve these customers? Hang up on them. Ban them from the store. I doubt if stores would go out of business, but the customers would learn to stuff their opinions if they EVER wanted to buy anything again.

Of course, that's just me dreaming. It'll never happen. Sucky customers will just get suckier.

Comment

You know a customer is really bad when you compare unfavorably to the obscene phone caller. At least that guy was polite.

Comment

Gosh, do you think she could be....you know...lying?
                            That or she genuinely is that disconnected with what she thinks she remembers. My grandmother was always like this even before she started having actual memory issues.

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
                              That or she genuinely is that disconnected with what she thinks she remembers. My grandmother was always like this even before she started having actual memory issues.
                              I'd to believe it's some degenerative brain issue making this woman mean, but I don't. She's horrible because she enjoys it.

Comment

Working...
                              X