Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Duke, The Duchess and the Directionally Challenged.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Duke, The Duchess and the Directionally Challenged.

All minor stuff this week and after I had a break from all suck last week, I feel lucky that the normal didn't become doubled to make up for it.

The Duke...

The door was locked, all of the lights are off outside and inside except for the four corner lights that stay on 24/7. I’m emptying the coins from the machines. I have flipped the sign in the front window. Idiot boy walks up and tugs on the door. I’m in the back part of the place near the office. I give him the universal sign that everyone knows that says we are closed which is a finger slashed across the neck. Idiot boy proceeds to push and pull on the door. I yell at him that we are closed. He continues to pull, push and then finally kick the door. I walk to the front. Idiot boy finally sees me and says. “Are you closed?” :head/wall:

The Duchess...

As told by my boss...

A woman came storming in to the laundry after having finished doing her laundry and slapped down a parking ticket and expected him to pay the fine because she didn’t see the No Parking or Stopping sign that she parked right beside. (You know, the one that prevented her from opening her passenger side door to get her laundry out?) I didn’t even have to ask if he gave her the $10.00. The smile on his face told me the answer.

The Directionally Challenged...

I had a guy run into the Laundromat yesterday and asked, almost frantically, what time the next bus comes going west. This is easy. We have one bus going west at 9am and another at noon. The bus only runs Monday through Friday. Since it is 4 pm on Friday, I tell him that the next westbound bus will be at 9am on Monday morning and begin to tell him the schedule when he interrupts me.

HIM: No! No! That can’t be! My mom said there was a bus at 3:45.
    ME: I’m sorry, but unless they changed the schedule unannounced since I rode it last week the last bus going to <town west of me> was at noon today.
    HIM: I’m not going to <town west of me> I’m going to <town northeast of me>.
    ME: Well in that case there is a bus that comes through going that way at 3:45, but it already passed by a few minutes ago. (true. It’s a big ugly shade of green that I personally saw pass by)
    HIM: (running out) Aw F**k, I’m dead!
    ME: (to myself, of course) I agree, at least from the neck up.

And how was your week?
    This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Didn't you know? Northeast and west are the same direction now.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Oh, that explains it! Thanks.
      This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
        Northeast and west are the same direction now.
        Now? I thought it was always like that.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Ha! West is the new North East.
          "Cute cat. What's his name?" "Annoying Customer" - Clerks

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
            Didn't you know? Northeast and west are the same direction now.
            I didn't get that memo . . . it must not have had one of the new cover sheets.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Oh gods! I'm directionally challenged but even I'm better than that. I ask about 'bus going to X town' if I don't know the direction (which I usually don't).

Bunch of geeks, mostly physics types, went to go see the eclipse in my hometown in 1986. They were in college about an hour east. So they drove another half-hour east to get there. Because R is on the way to G.

The guy telling me this story, who grew up in said college-town, gave up trying to tell them otherwise after 15 minutes. And these are bright people. They just couldn't read a map, I guess.
              I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Working...
              X