X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I lost a customer!

No, they're not behind the couch...
    I had an elderly couple come through my line today, and I dealt exclusively with the hag beast, who asked me to price check one of the three tubes of paint in her gnarled fist.
    RJ: "$11.99." It's oil paint, and anyone who has taken oil painting knows the stuff ain't cheap! It was a 5.7 ounce tube if memory serves.
    OH: "But, the 11 oz tube costs that much!"
    RJ: *blink, blink* And...?
    OH: "This one should cost less, since there's less of it!
    RJ: Oh, my gods! Someone place her at the head of an economics class!
    RJ: I'm sorry, I have no idea why they're ringing up the same price. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that you misread the price for the bigger tube, and attributed the same price tag to both.
    OH: I don't want them then!
    RJ: *void the one tube, takes all three tubes and shoves them under my register*
    OH: *walks around my counter, and stops suddenly just behind me and to my left to wave her finger in the general direction of my left ear, as I wasn't facing her* "You just lost a sale!"
    Oh, please, no! They'll take away my paycheck, and I'll be forced to subside on tinned cat food again! Please, let me get on the floor and beg your forgiveness, then drop the price which is set by the company who makes the damn things so you pay only a dollar! ... Oh, wait, these pants are worth more than my undying devotion to your hobby.
    OH: "We're going to the orange store across the street!"
    Good luck, they're likely to be just as packed as we are, and they tend to run just a bit more pricey for everything! *return to next customer, and make a face at the customer after her, letting off a little steam, as both had just been witness to the vile harridan's outrage*

That, coupled with the f*cking bags of Easter grass being stuck in a bin with the label 59 cents, when they were ringing up more than three times that...!
    "I call murder on that!"

Easter grass?

I have visions of the disciples getting high.
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
      Easter grass?

I have visions of the disciples getting high.
      "Woah, man, this is some strong shit. I can see Jesus walking on the water."

and of course Judas kept the good stuff for himself and gave the others lawn clippings.

(with all due respect of course)

Comment

I know how deeply upset you must be over losing the sale to the hag (cough) i mean customer, i have some chocolate for you somewhere uhh... Sorry looks like i ate it all

I actually do mean hag by the way

Comment

Quoth Chained to the counter View Post
          Sorry looks like i ate it all
          That's okay, I'm not even interested in the chocolate I got for Valentine's from my mom... it's not as good as organic chocolate, and I'm so damn close to dropping below 300 pounds...

The other story I forgot to tell involves a lady with a coupon and a lady right behind her without a coupon.
          I do the coupon for the lady who has it, nothing wrong there.
          LWoAC comes up and asks, "Can I use her coupon too?"
          That would be, "No. The office is very strict about getting precisely how many coupons are scanned."
          I've been told not to mention our coupon log unless the customer does first. And chose to use that rule so this woman wouldn't get a coupon. I hate it when people even joke about things that I could get in trouble for.
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

ALSO, some colors of paint cost more than others! Some of the red colors cost WAY more than the greens, and some blues cost more too. Most oils I used to buy varied in price quite a bit.
            I also paint china, and the powdered paints we use vary in price for that same reason. (the reds and purples have more actual gold in them, and so cost more)
            I no longer fear HELL.
            I work in RETAIL.

Comment

Quoth Enjis View Post
              ALSO, some colors of paint cost more than others! Some of the red colors cost WAY more than the greens, and some blues cost more too. ...
              Ditto--especially reds/oranges with cadmium and anything with cobalt are considerably more expensive (especially in high-quality paints). I ran into the same problem with a customer once, who wanted to buy a tube of red paint. A bunch of the paints in that brand were $8.99, most were $5.49, and a handful were $11.99. Of course the one she had was on the shelf with ones that were all $5.49, so it was confusing. However, most artists know that those kinds of prices come with the territory.

Comment

bet she had a primary like red or blue and was talking about green in the big size, some people are sad

Comment

RJ: "$11.99." It's oil paint, and anyone who has taken oil painting knows the stuff ain't cheap! It was a 5.7 ounce tube if memory serves.
                  OH: "But, the 11 oz tube costs that much!"
                  An 11 ounce tube of oil paint for $11.99? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You would be overrun with crazed art students and artists for such a thing.

Comment

One thing that always makes me laugh is when people try to get you to give them something for free and fail and then pull the whole "You lost a customer" routine.
                    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Whenever someone tells me "You've lost a sale!", I'm always sooooo tempted to answer "Nah, someone else will buy it, so we haven't lost anything."
                      It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                        No, they're not behind the couch...
                        Did you check the back room?
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

^^ They're always in the last place you look.

Comment

Quoth LadyAndreca View Post
                            Whenever someone tells me "You've lost a sale!", I'm always sooooo tempted to answer "Nah, someone else will buy it, so we haven't lost anything."
                            Tempted??? Nah - done it

I worked at a petrol station on a major freeway (I was told it was the busiest in the country). So if they don't like the price I'll sometimes hear about it, and someone won't buy from us. Like it matters.... enough others will.....

Slyt
                            When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth Record Store Tough Guy View Post
                              ^^ They're always in the last place you look.
                              Because you stop looking when you find them!

Those customers think paint is expensive now, they should be glad that ultramarine blue is no longer made with ground gemstones...!
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                              X