This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
    The only collections that will be worth anything will be those composed entirely of uncirculated coins.
    Yeah, but some people actually collect coins for fun. I know this is a strange concept; still... though asking someone to hunt state quarters for you is kinda sucky. You want the fun of building a collection? You hunt for them.

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
    The WannabeAnyway, she stacks her laundry baskets and carry’s them both out to her car which was...

wait for it...

a mid 80's, rusted Ford Crown Victoria station wagon...

with no hubcaps.

Fail²
    I'm failing to see what's so terrible about this. Yeah, it's an old car... and a not particularly desirable one... but so what? Some people don't have money to replace things, and some people don't care if their car looks worn. (I fall into this category. A vehicle is what gets me from A to B. If it runs and can carry my family, that's all I really care about. Well, gas milege too, but...)

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
      I guess I don't go out much. I've never heard of a place that folds your clothes and what not. Out here the laundry places are do it yourself. I guess the only place I could think of would be dry cleaning.
      Personally I wouldn't want a stranger (no offense) handling my underwear.
      Around here (SoCal), it's called fluff & fold service. It's just regular washing, drying and folding (no dry cleaning or special delicate items). They usually charge by weigt. It doesn't cost that much either. I spend about U$30.00 a month on it. If I had a laundry in my building I'd probably do it myself but the time spent waiting in the laundromat (Why do they never have dryers in the right proportion to washers?) just isn't worth it.
      Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
        I'm failing to see what's so terrible about this.
        I was trying to impress upon people how I hate people who put on airs. I'm a working stiff and I respect people who go out and (sometimes barely) make their living. What I don't like are people who pretend to be something they are not.

Don't come prancing up to me, look down your nose at me, flash your fake purse that you probably got on eBay from a seller in China that is now long gone, and then after that you drive off in something that should be in a junk yard. You aren't fooling anyone.

If you're poor, that's ok. So am I. Be who you are.
        This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Some of us have different priorities. I would LOVE to have a brand new, posh car. That just ain't gonna happen. I put enough money into my car to keep it running and do the preventitive maintenance.

I'd rather look nice and have a so-so car than have a posh car and look so-so myself. I can't have both, so I picked what I picked.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

What he's saying isn't really about the car. It's isn't even about how she looked. It's about the snobbish attitude the lady was giving him. Treating him like that isn't right no matter her station in life, but to pretend to be so much better when she's plainly no more or less (well, maybe less ) than him?
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

When you put it that way, Broomjockey, I have to change my mind and agree.

I got that a lot from customers at the gas station. I didn't like the "holier than thou" attitude I got from people who didn't even work at all.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Thanks Broomjockey. That's exactly what I was trying to say.

Comment

This town doesn't happen to be Washington, PA is it? Sounds just like it.

What's even worse, where my parent's live (Waynesburg, PA) is a poor town all away around but it is the snobbiest place I've ever seen.

Comment

No, but not too far away. Northeast about 70 or 80 miles.

I spent a lot of time down your way though. I helped my ex-wife do a ton of genealogical work in the general area. Her mom is buried in Marianna. My grandparents and their parents are all buried in Taylor Cemetery and Beallsville Cemetery. She has tons of relatives that used to live in Monongahela, Charleroi, Lone Pine and Centerville in your county and in Waynesburg, Rogersville, Nineveh and Morris Township in Greene Co. I think I've been in every cemetery in both counties, even ones that aren't listed in the books and ones on private land.

Hell when I was fresh out of high school I used to sell fruits and vegetables at the Waynesburg Livestock Auction out on the west end of town just before Rts 21 and 18 split.
                    Last edited by bigjimaz; 02-04-2008, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
                      Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

OK, I need to know. Is there a set or preferential way that people fold their underwear or are these people just being picky and want it done their way? I had another person (second one in a month) bitch at me because I folded his tighty-whiteys wrong. I lay them on the counter front side up, fold the crotch up to the waistband then fold the right part of the waistband over the crotch then the left part of the waistband over the right. What in the Benny Hill am I doing wrong?

Actually it is preference, Ive talked to ex-army who needs it in a certain way 1/3-1/2 reverse, me its 1/2-1/2 for storage. it annoys my sister

Comment

I'm sorry if I unintentionally insulted someone with my amazement about folding underwear.

I used to, but then I decided it was too much effort.

So much for MY OCD.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
                          OK, I need to know. Is there a set or preferential way that people fold their underwear or are these people just being picky and want it done their way? I had another person (second one in a month) bitch at me because I folded his tighty-whiteys wrong.
                          What, you mean that people fold their underwear?
                          What for?
                          Music: Last.fm
                          Pwetty pictuwes: DeviantArt | Flickr

Comment

The separate washer lady reminds me of the annoying woman who was in the laundromat once. We had to go and do wash in town a few times, but the first time I went, there was some woman drying her stuff and one dryer had half a load. The next had two almost comforters. The next had some kind of towels. And the last one had one measley blanket in it. Needless to say, I was peeved because she took up most of the dryers and someone else was using the other 4. Grr.
                            But I think my biggest pet peeve in the world is people who take your laundry out so they can put theirs in. Yea, I used to do that to my mom when she would do laundry in our own house, but that's my mom and we had one set of washer/dryer. But in the laundromat downstairs in this dorm, some girl had seen my wash was done (I was about 10 minutes late getting down there because my roomie wanted me to go visit her) and taken it out. I consider my wash to be very personal, and I would NEVER remove anyone else's wash. I'd just go back upstairs and wait. But etiquette and personal space was not born with some people.

Comment

Phoenix, different people have different rules of courtesy. Taking your wash out before it's done or as soon as it's done would be rude, but taking it out 24 hours later would be fine. Where does one draw the line? How long is reasonable to wait for a stranger? One has to remember that one's laundry is taking up space it doesn't need, thus being rude to the other patrons of the laundromat. Myself, I probably would take your laundry out after ten minutes. If I had time to kill, I might wait all of fifteen minutes. This is why I always leave my basket near the washer/dryer. Just in case I don't make it back in time, the next person can put my laundry in a clean place. It's worked for me so far.
                              "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Laundry etiquette is tricky in shared spaces. For example, my apartment building has about 30 apartments, and a laundry room with 4 washers and 4 dryers. If you do the math, it becomes obvious that if you leave your laundry in the machines, it will eventually be preventing someone else from doing laundry.

I try to be prompt about removing my laundry, so that other people can wash their own and they don't have to touch mine. But if I forget and they pile my dry laundry on top of the dryer I won't be offended. Then there are the people who use all four of the dryers and still haven't collected their laundry after 6 hours on a Saturday, and who do things like turn off other people's dryers if someone dared to remove their (dry) laundry and put it on the (clean) top of the dryer. Lots of potential for suckiness all around.

Comment

Working...
                                X