This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm very sorry sir

But since I am currently standing on your front lawn, how exactly do you expect me to take your American Express? Our cybernetics division has not yet outfitted my ass crack with a card reader.

Go ahead and complain to the head office. However, if you are expecting the gentleman who answers the phone to take your complaint seriously and 'fire my ass', you are going to be sorely disappointed. I am both the owner of the company and his provider of nookie. If you are lucky, the least he will do is laugh at you before hanging up.

Okay, this is maddening. Like getting the punchline to a joke, with no joke.

I can haz some backstory pleeze? (big sad puppy face)
    "I've never had a heart attack, but it isn't for my son's lack of trying." - Me

Comment

TTAZ, I am guessing that the OP is a pizza delivery guy and turned up to deliver a pizza and the guy wanted to pay my credit card

the problem with that is..... theres no system of cc payment set up with the drivers, most pizza places take cc's over the phone and the driver brings a slip with him for the customer to sign.
      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
        TTAZ, I am guessing that the OP is a pizza delivery guy and turned up to deliver a pizza and the guy wanted to pay my credit card

the problem with that is..... theres no system of cc payment set up with the drivers, most pizza places take cc's over the phone and the driver brings a slip with him for the customer to sign.
        Not true! The majority of pizza delivery places in my city have a "portable" credit card reader they take with them if the customer states they will be paying with credit when they order their pizza over the phone. It's really handy.

Comment

Yeah.. they're becoming common now.. the Briefcase style wireless Credit Card/EFT Machines. My father has one as a way of on-site registration (Union Rep) for dues.

Though its just another thing for the poor pizza delivery guys to have to carry around in their car. I mean if you really want to use your credit card, just order online.
          - Boochan

Comment

Those handheld units are pretty expensive, however, and if this is a local outfit, they likely can't afford to splurge on them. If the guy wanted to use it, he could have given the details over the phone, that's what I do with all the pizza places around here. For the ones that don't have a tip line on their receipts (there are a couple), I just have them include it in the total before they bring it.
            A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

I mean if you really want to use your credit card, just order online.
              That's really swell unless you DON'T want to order from those suck-ass places that can take online orders. Every pizza place I _LIKE_ does not have online ordering.

So, we pay with cash because I'm not ordering from Domino's.
              "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
                That's really swell unless you DON'T want to order from those suck-ass places that can take online orders. Every pizza place I _LIKE_ does not have online ordering.

So, we pay with cash because I'm not ordering from Domino's.
                Shame I guess.
                Its a fairly easy system to setup, so im sure in the coming years you'll see more then the Big 2 (Pizza Hut/Dominos) doing online ordering..
                - Boochan

Comment

Quoth Zyanya View Post
                  Go ahead and complain to the head office. However, if you are expecting the gentleman who answers the phone to take your complaint seriously and 'fire my ass', you are going to be sorely disappointed. I am both the owner of the company and his provider of nookie. If you are lucky, the least he will do is laugh at you before hanging up.
                  Beautifully said, Bravo!

Such a shame its too long for a signature.
                  A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth TTAZ View Post
                    Okay, this is maddening. Like getting the punchline to a joke, with no joke.

I can haz some backstory pleeze? (big sad puppy face)
                    I do plans for new home construction and remodels. I gave the guy a quote on some plans after going to his house and taking measurements. He asked if I took credit cards, and I told him I could send him an invoice using google checkout. He didn't want to go through that hassle and couldn't I just take it right then? I told him that even if I was inclined to take his card on the spot, the best I could do is simply jot the numbers down as I had no card reader. Apparently, that made me 'insolent'.

The conversation and establishing that I had no method of reading the card took the better part of twenty minutes.

I wound up not taking the job. When the initial consult reveals a client is that idiotic, the job invariably ends up being a big hassle with me getting stiffed on the pay anyway.

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
                      Every pizza place I _LIKE_ does not have online ordering.
                      Unless it's a local hole-in-the-wall place, every pizza place in my area does internet orders. Of course, none of them will deliver to my apartment complex, but they'll take the orders.

Quoth Zyanya View Post
                      I wound up not taking the job. When the initial consult reveals a client is that idiotic, the job invariably ends up being a big hassle with me getting stiffed on the pay anyway.
                      Don't you love it when they identify themselves as completely unreasonable before you actually accept the contract?

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

It does cut down on the whole aspirin bill. Fewer headaches, doncha know.
                        I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Quoth Zyanya View Post
                          I do plans for new home construction and remodels. I gave the guy a quote on some plans after going to his house and taking measurements. He asked if I took credit cards, and I told him I could send him an invoice using google checkout. He didn't want to go through that hassle and couldn't I just take it right then? I told him that even if I was inclined to take his card on the spot, the best I could do is simply jot the numbers down as I had no card reader. Apparently, that made me 'insolent'.

The conversation and establishing that I had no method of reading the card took the better part of twenty minutes.

What a firking arsewupe. Ah swape a couple vowels and you know what I mean.
                          SC Motto "I am more important than you and others and don't you ever forget it"

Comment

Thank you, that clears it up immensely. Also, good call on not doing business with this jerkface asshole. Sounds like the kind of person who you would end up having to take to court to get your money.
                            "I've never had a heart attack, but it isn't for my son's lack of trying." - Me

Comment

Same business, great line

My wife and I are in the smae business, plans for pretty much anything from remodeling a bathroom to build outs in commercial spaces including ADA requirements and so on. I've thought about putting up a PayPal account for credit cards, but so far the merchant costs far outway the convienience to my clients, so I just make them pay with checks or cash.

I love the line about being the supplier of nookie, my wife and I have actually thought about how we could say something along those lines to people before when they wanted to talk to my boss, speak to the office, whatever...

Good for you for not taking the job though, I know what you mean about the bigger the idiocy in the beginning the harder the overall job.

Comment

Working...
                              X