Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"I shouldn't have to read!!" (sort of long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh no, there's more than one of them!

Had a lady say the exact same thing to me a few years back. I still don't know how to reply to "I shouldn't have to read!". She wanted a huge ass bottle of liquor for something like $2.98 and it was ringing up over twenty. I go to where she leads me, obviously the bottle had been put in the wrong place. Perhaps another customer just left if there (which I explained to her) perhaps she was scamming me. Either way, I said "It's best to read the labels, especially when the price seems too good to be true". She responded with "I shouldn't have to read!". I was completely perplexed and was figuring out what to say when she said "Are you going to give it to me for $2.98?" and I said "No.".

I like to read labels so I know what I'm getting and the price is correct, etc, etc.
    "Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did."
    George Carlin

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
      More often than not the response to my, "That information was in the license agreement you accepted when you installed the program"

is,

"I never read those!" delivered in a smugly satisified tone which implies they've scored some sort of point.

To be honest, I don't usually read pages long license agreements before accepting them myself; I don't have time. But I don't for a minute think that not reading it means it doesn't apply to me.

I heard about one software company that put "the first person to call XXX-XXXX will get $10,000" in one of their license agreements. They had over 10,000 downloads before somebody called for the money.

Comment

The really funny part of the whole thing was that as soon as he made his "statement" all I could think about was getting home and posting about it, so I really don't have much of a recollection of the rest of the transaction. I do recall having to fight the urge to ask him if kindergarten had been that traumatic, since reading obviously upset him.

Comment

Working...
        X