Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I said, I'd be madder at your boss than the douche-bag. He's ALLOWING this guy to treat you like a sub-human.

Geez - I don't even KNOW you and it's making me .

Next time he comes in, just don't even bother to acknowledge him. Go get the boss, and if he dares to question you on it, tell him the guy refuses to acknowledge you, so you didn't want to 'offend' him by forcing him to speak to you.

Seriously, I'd love to kick your boss in the ass. He needs some sense knocked into him.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth TTAZ View Post
      1. Who have the Brits pissed off lately?
      Mmm - there's a disorderly queue for that. We're never popular with the French government (the actual people are, in my experience, great). The Spanish really want the bottom end of their country back, though I doubt the baboons there really care. The Argentinians still want the Malvinos back (Falklands to us), though have been somewhat more muted about it for some time. The more militant elements of Islam aren't too happy with us backing US invasions. I have a nasty habit of working the words 'tea' and 'colony' into as many posts as I think amusing.

Take a ticket, folks - it's going to be a long wait.

Rapscallion

Comment

i don't know about that, raps; seems america is fighting you for that particular title of 'most hated country in the world.'

on topic, time for an hro complaint based on hostile work enviornment (i am so in agreement with that); boss needs an appointment with the clue by four, followed up with a boot or five to the head.
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
          I have a nasty habit of working the words 'tea' and 'colony' into as many posts as I think amusing.
          As an American, I find your little comments exceedingly amusing. Probably a lot because, well, your lot lost that little spat.

On the whole "hostile work environment" while I see the phrase a lot, I don't know how much action it gets with the courts. I know that in many states in the US, you can have an actively hostile manager, and it doesn't really mean squat without other issues behind it.

I have no idea how the laws are in Canada.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Falklands to us), though have been somewhat more muted about it for some time.

I have a nasty habit of working the words 'tea' and 'colony' into as many posts as I think amusing.
            Exactly. Britain was right there with us when we went into Afghanistan after Sept. 11. That absolutely amazed me because the US and the British had been at each others throats about 150 years before in a wee tiff called the War of 1812.

The only thing that I think when you work tea in to your post is, "mmmmm....need to go make some"!
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
              Exactly. Britain was right there with us when we went into Afghanistan after Sept. 11. That absolutely amazed me because the US and the British had been at each others throats about 150 years before in a wee tiff called the War of 1812.
              We were right there with you too, and still are ( Hell, we built a Tim Horton's there. ). We just weren't much for it when the Commander In Chimp went "Hey, LETS INVADE IRAQ TOO!" is all.

I have a friend in the military in the UK, when they sent him to Afghan I sent him to Kandahar for some Tim Horton's. Now he's hooked. Soon he'll have little choice but to obtain Canadian citizenship to stave off withdrawal.

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                i don't know about that, raps; seems america is fighting you for that particular title of 'most hated country in the world.'
                If only we had the resources... *sigh*

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                well, your lot lost that little spat.
                True, we lost, but weren't the French on the side of the US on that one? Just looking around for some blushing...

GK - Timmies is one reason I keep coming back to Canadalandialand. Their hot chocolate is like an internal baptism.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                  We just weren't much for it when the Commander In Chimp went "Hey, LETS INVADE IRAQ TOO!" is all.
                  "Commander in Chimp."

Bwahahahaha!

True, we lost, but weren't the French on the side of the US on that one? Just looking around for some blushing...
                  Yeah, but you know the French. How much difference could they really have made?

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

If only we had the resources... *sigh*
                    Isn't that pretty much what happened in the American War for Independence? I have the strong impression that it was the massive financial drain on the British government that played a major role in the outcome.

But back on topic, it's not the OP who needs to be understanding of the "situation" with Mr. Old School (whatever THAT's supposed to mean), it's that intolerant, childish and entirely reprehensible Entitlement Twit who needs to have someone reach into his head and rearrange some brain cells. If he's such a good friend of the manager, the manager should be able to talk to him. Otherwise, that manager's just a spineless door mat for anyone except his employees.

Comment

GK - Timmies is one reason I keep coming back to Canadalandialand. Their hot chocolate is like an internal baptism.

Rapscallion
                      Note to self: plan trip to Canadalandialandialandialandialand...(oops, sorry, wasn't sure where to stop ) for hot chocolate...
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                        (oops, sorry, wasn't sure where to stop )
                        You wouldn't believe how often I have to say that.

Rapscallion

Comment

You wouldn't believe how often I have to say that.

Rapscallion

That's it brain! Out of the gutter NOW and I mean it this time!
                          I used to be disgusted... Now I'm just amused

Comment

Quoth Happy Otter Lover View Post
                            Fast forward to this morning. I go in for my lunch shift and chat with the chef before my shift starts. Somehow the conversation turns to Buddy
                            Chef: I know you two don't get along. I don't mean to say this harshly, but he feels the exact same way about you as you feel about him. You need to know he's old country and he probably takes in instant dislike to you because you are British. Oh, I've been meaning to say something to you. Do you remember when Buddy and his girlfriend came in a few weeks ago? Apparently you made a comment that offended both of them.
                            Me: Uh, what? I don't recall saying anything offensive to them.
                            Chef: He said that when they walked in, you said "So, this is the new girlfriend?" He just wanted me to know that they were both unimpressed by that comment.
                            THIS is the attitude that gets service workers walked on.

See, according to your boss, you both EQUALLY dislike each other. He dislikes you, because he's a bigoted prick, you dislike him because he's a bigoted prick.

This means that he can be a complete JERKWAD to you, and you can't say anything he might find offensive, misconstrue as offensive, or allow him to IMAGINE you saying anything offensive.

It worries me sometimes how ingrained this attitude is, of treating service workers as second-class human beings, and it not only being okay, but the way things SHOULD be. The LAST time human beings had these kind of prevailing attitudes about them, they were called SLAVES. And I'm not making the comparison jokingly either.

*Sigh*

Sorry, rant over.
                            Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Working...
                            X