Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was I among the wretched? A quick scenario...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
    When I eat at a restaurant (usually about once a month), I pay for the meal with a card (either debit or credit) but I tip in cash. Thing is, I always feel like a heel when I push 'No' on the pinpads when it asks to enter a tip amount.
    Don't feel like a heel. I'm sure they have an idea of what you are doing. And tipping in cash is better for the wait (er/ress) . This way it doesn't go thru the business, they don't have to report the whole amount, and there is less chance of the boss skimming off the top. It goes straight in the persons pocket less what they tip out to the cooks/host(ess)/bussers/bartenders/etc at the end of the night.
    My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

That was the way me and my friend Samantha used to get back at sucky waiters/waitresses. We couldn't bring ourselves to not tip. However, we could bring ourselves to reach into our purses for the rolls of pennies and nickels (for smacking intruders) and break them open on the table. We'd leave good 20-25% tips...just in five pounds of loose coinage.

However, quarters are big enough that I wouldn't be offended to get them. Besides, like she said...parking meters. And vending machines. And for those in apartments, LAUNDROMAT.
      "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
        <snip>
        And for those in apartments, LAUNDROMAT.
        I always just used a bucket and a old piece of wire mesh

Comment

Quoth hauntedheadnc View Post

I thought a $4 tip was generous for a meal that cost $10.95, so I hoped she wouldn't mind the quarters. Nevertheless, was I a bad tipper in this situation? I even stacked them up into dollars and left them in a row so she'd be able to see immediately how much of a tip I'd left.
          You get the double-thumbs up from me.

You 1) left a huge tip and 2) made it easy for her to see and collect.

If you had made it difficult for her to collect her tip - burying it under your glass or in your trash - or you had left her a tiny tip as "retaliation" then you'd be an SC. You did neither, so you're good!
          Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

Working...
          X