This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
    Seriously. First off, ? Second of all, how does she know what MY sexual preference is. I have many gay and lesbian friends, especially in the travel industry.
    I've noticed at my job that many racists assume that because I am the same color they are that I MUST be a racist just like them as well. "Oh, she's white! I just know she hates blacks/hispanics/french people just like I do so I can complain about all the Mexicans in the store!". Wrong-o, people. They get a lemon puss on their face when I inform them they are complaining to the wrong person about that sort of thing.

I know you were on the phone with your customer and they couldn't see you, but I will bet that because your company was the travel agency she chose to do business with than you MUST have the same point of view as her!

BTW, yes, apparently the french are now an enemy of racists. I didn't get the memo on it so don't ask me why.
    "Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did."
    George Carlin

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
      I wonder if the woman ever called her travel agent at or after 8:30 am.
      Being the SC she was, she probably started calling at 7 am, and when someone picked up at 8:30 swore up and down that peppergirl assured her they'd be there at 4 in the morning to attend to her whims
      I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

FYI Gaydays at Walt Disney World is the first week in June every year. This year you will find lil ol me there . While it has been stated in this thread that Disney doesnt officially organize the event(s) (its a week's worth of events with about 24 hours of non-stop parties for 7 days), Disney certainly doesnt stop it.

To me gaydays is a time when I can hang out with friends at a place I love with all my heart (I used to work at WDW) and be myself. Its the only time of year when I can just let go and have fun.
        "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" --Walt Disney

Comment

I think they need to remove the "Emergency" part out of PepperGirl's employer's name.

I can't really think of something that would qualify as much of an emergency, and if there was, we have people like the ones in this story who take the "emergency" part a LITTLE too literally.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
            I think they need to remove the "Emergency" part out of PepperGirl's employer's name.

I can't really think of something that would qualify as much of an emergency, and if there was, we have people like the ones in this story who take the "emergency" part a LITTLE too literally.
            You're right.

The intended purpose of the travel center is for travel calls of an urgent nature, which are usually corporate travelers. Examples would be:

Cancellation of a flight and the airlines cant or won't reprotect on another flight.

Needing a hotel booked for the next couple of days

Needing a flight booked for Monday morning or before.

Needing a flight changed for Monday morning or before.

Less urgent: Booking a flight on Sunday night because you're travelling next Sunday night. Sound odd? Not if you want the 7 day advance purchase discount that most airlines offer.

Heck, I've gotten calls at 1155pm on a Sat or Sun night where the person is stranded in some god-forsaken town in India and had his flight cancelled and he can't communicate with the airline personnel. It's my job to get him out of there.

I have no issues or problems with any situation as stated above. That's my job and I'm very good at it.

I DO have an issue with idiots like the SC (and idiots who I gave examples of)who tie up valuable time on my phone while someone with an actual PROBLEM or who is stranded somewhere is stuck sitting on hold, waiting for us to finish up with SC's.
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Whyme View Post
              . They get a lemon puss on their face when I inform them they are complaining to the wrong person about that sort of thing.

The best term I've ever heard for that was "cat-butt face"
              "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Quoth king4aday View Post
                Disney certainly doesnt stop it.
                Hey, Disney is a business; so if it knows its parks will be full of people spending money due to an event like this, why would it want to stop it? Since it is not a Disney organized even, Disney can also claim no responsibility for it while apologizing for whatever offense some other guests might take to what they see.

It is a win/win situation for Disney.
                "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
                .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Two warnings from mods, and still people can't help themselves. With apologies to those who were actually trying to discuss the SC behavior mentioned originally...thread closed.
                  Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

Working...
                  X