Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe we're just hiding the Pickles from you...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe we're just hiding the Pickles from you...

Yesterday as I was on register, a man asked me where pickles were located. No problem. Aisle 2, left side of aisle, 2 or 3 shelves down from the top. He leaves, I continue ringing up the customer in front of me. Pickle man comes back. He can't find it. I stop scanning items momentarily and point out aisle 2 which is easily seen from my register and repeat my instructions. He said he went there but he would look again. He leaves, I go back to my customer. He came back because he still can't find it. I try to think about how to be more specific while I continue scanning yet another customer in front of me saying "Hmm, let me think a second" so Pickles won't think I'm ignoring him. Then I pause and say, it's after the ketchup and mustard, but before the mayonaisse on the left side of the aisle as you go down.

He asks if I can show him where because he's already looked and couldn't find it. I say "I'm sorry, I'm on register and with a customer right now, but I can get someone over here immediately to show you where they are." The yelling then ensues.

"Why the hell can't you show me where it is? That's what's wrong with this store! No one gives a damn! I just want a jar of pickles and no one here is smart enough to know where it is! You work here, you should know where it is, but you don't know shit! Are you so busy you can't take 30 seconds to show me where they are?! If you don't know where they are or you're out of them just fucking say so!"

Yelling doesn't bother me, cursing doesn't bother me, but insinuating I'm dumb I won't take. I flipped my light on for a CSM to come over, told the Pickle Man a customer service manager would be right over to help him and yes, as I am currently cashiering therefore with a customer so I actually can't leave my register to help him find something. Then turned around and went, yet again, back to my scanning of groceries. Customer I'm serving says "Man, he's annoying.".

Pickle man didn't like this (I'm not sure if he heard my customer) and continued yelling about poor customer service and unattainable pickles. CSM comes over, eventually gets Pickles to go with her, all while he's still yelling about various things. I keep an eye out and see them go down aisle 2, then come back out with jar of pickles and grumpy looking Pickle Man.

A little while later I see him going through self check and still looking grumpy. When I was able to get off register I asked my CSM where the pickles were and what the guy said when they found pickles. Lo and behold, the pickles were right where I said they were and Pickle Man said nothing as she pointed out the variety of pickles there were for him to choose from.

I understand not seeing something and it turning out to be right in front of you, but being a jerk about it just makes you look even more stupid in the end.
    "Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did."
    George Carlin

I hate the people who are complete jerks to you because they don't know how to look then when you or soneoe else shows them that you were wight they do nto apologize.

Comment

If you don't want this to keep happening, maybe you should try not hiding things in plain sight or putting products in the correct aisle.
      Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

Just keep one of every item in your ass so you can pull it out when needed. hahaha!
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
          Just keep one of every item in your ass so you can pull it out when needed. hahaha!
          I am going to avoid all the dirty jokes you can make with this quote.

Comment

*sends whyme the 'ass of infinite holding' kit, complete with installation instructions*

there! no more issues with those cursed invisible pickles!
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
              *sends whyme the 'ass of infinite holding' kit, complete with installation instructions*

there! no more issues with those cursed invisible pickles!
              How many hit points is that worth in D&D?

Comment

+5 at the very least (can't remember the limit for modifiers), but yes, now whyme is fully prepared to give only the BEST customer service.

"out of x? why, i have x right HERE! *pulls out x* you have a nice day!"

*cut to look on customer's face*
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                  +5 at the very least (can't remember the limit for modifiers), but yes, now whyme is fully prepared to give only the BEST customer service.

"out of x? why, i have x right HERE! *pulls out x* you have a nice day!"

*cut to look on customer's face*
                  Thank goodness I now have the complete kit. I think some of our customers do fully expect me to pull things out of my ass. "How can you not sell mattresses? I came all the way over here because you're SUPPOSED to sell them!" "Oh, I'm sorry ma'am, we do sell mattresses after all." A little fumbling around and Whooosh! "Here it is!". Customer leaves fully satisfied.
                  "Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did."
                  George Carlin

Comment

I hope your CSM made sure to tell him the details of every. Single. Type of pickle you sell. Makes me wish I could have watched

Kettle corn anybody
                    "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

Quoth Whyme View Post
                      Thank goodness I now have the complete kit. I think some of our customers do fully expect me to pull things out of my ass. "How can you not sell mattresses? I came all the way over here because you're SUPPOSED to sell them!" "Oh, I'm sorry ma'am, we do sell mattresses after all." A little fumbling around and Whooosh! "Here it is!". Customer leaves fully satisfied.
                      Does it come in any other colors other than brown?

Comment

Some stores are laid out strangely but there still is no reason to go sucky after being given precise directions to the item in question. I go to a store that thinks that parmesan cheese belongs with the Mexican food but tortillas belong in the frozen food aisle.
                        This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Honestly, for me, half the fun of the grocery store is wandering each and every aisle, just to check out all my options. But then again, I'm quite special, in the polite and fun way.
                          "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth Trayol View Post
                            I hope your CSM made sure to tell him the details of every. Single. Type of pickle you sell. Makes me wish I could have watched

Kettle corn anybody
                            Like Bubba from Forrest Gump listing the ways you can have shrimp , maybe? that would be great. Anyway. The guy in the OP is an asshat, sometimes cashiers aren't allowed to leave their station w/o permission from management, but nooo you should endanger your job just to get that crusty arse some pickles. Bah.

Comment

Quoth Cyphr View Post
                              I am going to avoid all the dirty jokes you can make with this quote.

What about the ones you can make with the title? I'm amazed there have been no cracks about the ever popular hide the pickle game
                              I used to be disgusted... Now I'm just amused

Comment

Working...
                              X