This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullying Tactics

This morning, Me, my boss and a fellow co-worker were in the process of planting up a hedge on one of our commercial sites when this lil tale happend.
    One of the security guards whom we shall call D, was making his morning rounds, dropping of mail to units and a general walk around to make sure all is well in the world. Now D is easily pushing mid-70's, around 5ft but still spritely and is the most friendly guy i know. Always calls everyone pet/luv/duck and is always polite - to everyone. He's been on this perticular site since it was an old steel works and the current management have kept him mainly because he's one of those old men that talks to anyone.

So were planting away when we hear this take place.

me: C'est Moi
    Boss: My ace gaffer
    D: Security guard
    A/h: Asshat s/c

D:NAAAAAAAAAH then duck, tha cant park thee car there.

We think nothing of it, as we tend to hear something like that most days with D; until

A/h: I'll only be a few minutes (guy had parked on yellow crosshatching infront of the doors to the unit where the site fire engine is kept)

D: I'm sorry luv , but we need that clear for emergancys

A/h: Look i just said i'd only be a few damn minutes. Whats your problem!?

D: Thats where we keep the fire engine duck. we need it clear

A/h: Well i doubt there'll be a problem for the 30 seconds i'm gone, now will there?

Guy starts to walk off

D:If you dont move it now chuck then i'll have to have it towed.

Guy stops, spins around walk right upto D, allmost nose to nose useing his hight to intimidate

A/s: You wouldnt f**King dare, you silly old c**t. D'you know who I am?! if that cars f**king touched i'll have your f**king job!

He punctuates each curse with a finger jabbing d's chest

D:

Boss: (to no one in perticular): Right.

Boss walks over spade resting on shoulder.

A/s to D: WHat makes you think some silly old man can force me to move my car
    huh?!

Boss: (politely spoken) He might not but if you dont shift that car right now and aploguise to the nice man i'm going to wack you upside the head with this spade.

A/s: turns round ready to give the boss a mouthfull, took a deep breath mumbled an apology to D then jumped in his car and sped off.

Thing is my boss is 6ft5, almost as wide on the shoulders and built like the proverbial brick toilet

I can safely say that if i didnt know him Id've done the same!
    All of these things the worker has done
    From tilling the fields to carrying the gun
    We've been yoked to the plough since time first began
    And always expected to carry the can.

wow just... wow and there was no police or lawsuit to follow this threat... nice way to deal with him but theres alot of liability there...

not that this is any better (I a lawyer by no means) but if you get a car damaged in a no parking zone you technically can't follow up on it unless you can prove it was malcious rather than acidental

Comment

I'm gonna take a stab at D being from Not'nam. Am I right?
      "I've never had a heart attack, but it isn't for my son's lack of trying." - Me

Comment

Quoth Cyphr View Post
        wow just... wow and there was no police or lawsuit to follow this threat... nice way to deal with him but theres alot of liability there...
        Not sure how the law works over there, but since the asshat of the tale was jabbing his finger into D's chest, I think it fair to say that he would be the one on charges.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I love your boss.

Even if the guy did call the cops, I'd lie to back up a great boss like that. In fact I might actually remember a different version that didn't go so well for the guy. For instance, when he was jabbing his finger at me, was he threatening to beat me up? I think he was. "Officer, do your duty please"
          Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Quoth Titchyboy View Post

He punctuates each curse with a finger jabbing d's chest
            Why in the world aren't charges pressed in these situations. If an SC ever touched me I would file charges.

Comment

Great job on the boss' part! More people need to behave that way.

These jerks don't understand anything but excessive force (be it physical or verbal).
              "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

verbal threat, physical breachment of personal space, parking in a tow away zone, i would called 911 and file charges.

Comment

Working...
                X