X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Floating...

...on cloud nine!

So I am a HUGE fan of Repo! The Genetic Opera. As soon as I found out that the director, Darren Lynn Bousman, (also directed Saw 2, 3 & 4) and the writer, Terrance Zdunich, (also acted in it as GraveRobber) were collaborating on a new short film I started watching all the teasers and hints.

Anyone who knows those two would know that they don't release their movies in normal fashion. They took their new movie, The Devil's Carnival, on tour like a concert. They are there for every showing. You can buy tickets with a meet and greet, tickets with signed poster, or just tickets.

So this past weekend I drove 4 hours to see it! The night before I got an email that they would have special guests showing up, Emilie Autumn (musician) and M. Shawn Crahan (Clown from Slipknot), would be attending. They both had roles in the film.

The show started with a burlesque act and then a costume contest for people who had dressed up. It was judged by Emilie Autumn. They showed winners of a singing contest they'd had on the internet (one of whom was in the audience!) and then Darren Lynn Bousman and Terrance Zdunich introduced the movie and we watched it. Afterwards we had a Q&A and then if you bought merchandise you could get it signed or get pictures with them.

I got the tickets with a signed movie poster and I'm still bouncing around excited about it. The movie was incredible, the whole event was so fun.

Here's a picture from Q&A, a bit blurry, and one of my poster! In the first picture it is M. Scott Crahan, Emilie Autumn, Darren Lynn Bousman and Terrance Zdunich.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net..._8032181_n.jpg
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...87506187_n.jpg

Editing to add, for any who aren't familiar with their work here's the trailer for TDC.
    Last edited by Heksubah; 05-08-2012, 03:44 PM.
    "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"

I so wanted to go, but time and money and lack of fans of Repo wasn't gonna allow me to go. I fucking love Repo. I got into it by a friend and thus getting others into it. So jealous.

Comment

Just realized, I forgot to mention that before the movie they showed behind the scenes clips from Repo with the music playing and had us sing along!

Quoth cashierbex View Post
      I so wanted to go, but time and money and lack of fans of Repo wasn't gonna allow me to go.
      I had no other Repo fans to go with so I went with me, myself and I. I drove to the city I used to live in and stayed with old friends and made a weekend out of it. Hopefully they'll release it to DVD so you can see it. It seems like they intend to do many more of these. It's like a traveling TV show. When asked how many they intend to do the answer was that since each sinner was tied to one of Aesop's fables, and they'd only used three, there were about 600 left and they wanted to continue doing this as long as they could. So maybe for the next one you can make it. I recommend it.
      Last edited by Heksubah; 05-08-2012, 04:44 PM.
      "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"

Comment

I hate going to places by myself. Except shopping. I hope I can go if they do another. They do amazing shit.

Comment

Working...
        X