Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I usually just glare and snarl. Most salespeople do not approach Hells Angels-lookalikes who sound like they're about to go feral. Except for cellphone people. Cellphone people I ask about the rates for sending text messages from Mongolia to Austria, and what they think their coverage in Ulan-Bataar is like ("I'm going backpacking, but my brother's a snowboarder ..."). Then they always start stuttering so beautifully.

Yes. I'm an awful person. I should be kind to people who have to put up with SCs all day, but a man can bear only so much.
    The customer is always right, but this is a public house, and you are a guest.

Comment

there are only 2 situation where I am in the local mall

1. delivering pizzas --- easy enough to just blow by them at warp speed unless I am delivering to a kiosk (even then they tend to leave me alone)

2. my GF and I are mall walking (she had a physical condition that requires some walking). she uses her walker and I guide her and we stay far enough away from them and they seem to leave us alone.
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
        I just pretend to be texting or talking on my cell when I walk past. That's kind of pathetic, I guess.
        Not really. I usually "window shop" when I walk past, or I have my headphones in my ears. My mum used to look in Sportsgirl (not the type of shop I'd go in) and go "gee, aren't those lovely dresses today" to me and my sister whenever we walked past.

Out of all the kiosks I've encountered, my top three worst ones tend to be: Seacret (lotions and whatnot), Studio 2000 (photography studio that always run these deceptive competitions: the prize is a portrait sitting, but in actual fact, you have to pay for the photos or something like that) and the GoldBuyer stalls. At least with the gold buying guys, they're just handing out pamphlets.

One of the more cuter ones I see on occasion are the baby portrait stalls...I'll admit, I will stop past them and look at the cute little baby or toddler getting his photo done.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

One of those hair straightener chicks evidently reached for my hair once. I didn't see it. What I noticed was the husband, who had quickly ducked behind me, and was saying in a vary serious voice, "yeah, look, you REALLY don't want to be doing that." It was really crowded and there was jostling and noise. I don't have details.

He didn't really tell me outright what shitstorm he'd just managed to avoid, but from the hints he's dropped I THINK she might have been reaching for me.

And if that was the case, he was right. She really DIDN'T want to be doing that.

Comment

Working...
          X