Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
    I just realized I have regular chocolate syrup, dark chocolate syrup, AND a jar of hot fudge sauce in the fridge.
    That's just ....

I broke down today and bought some Häagen-Dazs white chocolate raspberry truffle ice cream. It's only 500 ml (about 16 fl. oz.) but I don't eat a lot of ice cream at a sitting, so it'll last me a while.

I'm sorry about your job situation. I'm still looking too. Seasonal will do fine, folks ...
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• The worst part of moving is trying to repack all your video game systems into their original boxes.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• If exposure to sunlight can cause a person to break out in blisters and boils after drinking lime juice, has anyone considered using limes to kill a vampire?

So you sparkle, eh? Let's make you a sprite! *Sprays with lime juice*
        Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

• I have frozen leftover birthday cake in the freezer. Sweet potato cake and it is DELICIOUS. Should I unthaw more? *ponders* Or go healthy tonight and have my bananas, whipped cream and a bit of caramel sauce? Hmm...

Comment

• Quoth TheWolfEmperor View Post
            If exposure to sunlight can cause a person to break out in blisters and boils after drinking lime juice, has anyone considered using limes to kill a vampire?

So you sparkle, eh? Let's make you a sprite! *Sprays with lime juice*
            ISTR that in some of the South Seas traditions, lime juice does in fact take a role against monsters similar to holy water in Christian fable.

Comment

• Found a box my dad gave me years ago when he sold his house. Among the outdated electronics and VHS tapes I found an ice bucket and a musical decanter (for real, it has a key on the bottom you twist and it plays music like a music box). Keeping those for future fancy parties.

Comment

• A musical decanter? I've never even heard of such a thing.
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• So you know that you have made way too much of something at an event when the first thing someone says to re-enactors from other clubs entering your campsite "Would you like to take some mustard back to your camp?" (We made a huge pot of mustard as part of lunch)

This is followed closely by that same person pouring a cup of the mustard and treating it as though it was a fine wine...and ending that discussion with the idea of brewing their own mustard mead. (His girlfriend - aka the person who actually made the mustard - approved )

Yeah...my re-enactment group can get a little weird sometimes. And this is while we're stone cold sober to boot!

Comment

• I can get the idea of mustard mead -- kind of reversing the charges on "honey mustard".

Comment

• Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
                      I can get the idea of mustard mead -- kind of reversing the charges on "honey mustard".
                      Pretty much. The homemade mustard (or camp-made?) was actually thin enough that you could drink it if you wanted to (no we didn't).

Someone in our group though (not sure who) has either managed to brew or find someone who can brew mead that tastes like Caramello Koala . Now I'm curious...

Comment

• One of my favorite plays is An Inspector Calls by JB Priestley. There is a very good film version on Amazon Prime right now.

Comment

• I'm currently watching "Grimm", which is playing every weeknight. How did I miss this the first time around? It's awesome! I am shipping Monroe and Rosalee so hard that I get this dopy grin on my face whenever they're on screen together. They're just so adorable! I'm carefully avoiding spoilers on the internet because I really don't want to find out if something awful happens to them.
                          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• Yesterday we stalked a toad all the way across the yard and probably gave it a paranoid complex. Today my son steered the four-wheeler into a tree branch and a tiny tree frog fell out and landed on my arm. The universe might be trying to tell me something but I have no clue what. Maybe to read more Arnold Lobel?

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                              ... Maybe to read more Arnold Lobel?
                              Or, for the batrachian motif, Lovecraftiana?
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                                Yesterday we stalked a toad all the way across the yard and probably gave it a paranoid complex. Today my son steered the four-wheeler into a tree branch and a tiny tree frog fell out and landed on my arm. The universe might be trying to tell me something but I have no clue what. Maybe to read more Arnold Lobel?
                                Most cultures consider frogs and toads good luck. (Rightly so, IMHO, they're on our side. Cane toads notwithstanding, and that one's our own damn fault.) Exception: If you live in England, toads may be shapechanged witches.

Comment

Working...
                                X