This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So much for sleep tonight!

Admittedly I had a late night, got carried away playing games so it was gone 2am when I went to bed. I read for a short while until my eyes started closing then turned off my lamp, rolled over, shut my eyes and... BANG!

An almighty thud from the front of the house.... closely followed by my daugher calling out that she heard something at the door.

Looked down the stairs and, dammit.. someones smashed the glass panel in the front door
    Luckily not totally smashed as its glass & wire mesh, but bad all the same.

Went down for a closer look and eeek! there's someone out there lurking. I could see a figure moving about & then disappearing down the side of the house.

Ok, I grabbed the phone & called the police emergency line. While I was talking to them, I thought the person had gone away but then they were back staggering about outside my door,then I managed to get a better look though a chink in the blinds at him while I was still on the phone. Luckily, the police turned up very quickly... & the guy was still staggering about my garden!

As I was told over the phone to wait until an officer knocked before I opened the door, I didn't see the rest of the damage until they'd got a very drunk man off my property, then I opened the door to see my very large planter of winter jasmine, which I can't even move, shattered in front of the door An officer also mentioned there was what he thought was dog poop on the garden path too.

It wasn't until I was seeing the last two officers out after making a statement that I saw the dog poop.... it was poop, bit it wasn't dog poop
    Now I'm just waiting for it to get a little lighter so I can go & clean up

So, that was my night, sorry to ramble, I'm still shaking from it all!
    Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

I am glad that you are okay. I wouldn't be sleeping either.

I suggest just holding onto your daughter and calming her, because she won't be sleeping either and that will be comforting to both of you.

Comment

She had a good cry while the police were here, she's happier now for a minute. She's an older daughter but plagued with anxiety problems so I don't suppose she'll be totally over it for a while

Anyway, cleaned up as much as I can for now, outside smells much better! Just got to wait for business hours to see if I can claim for the door & stuff on my insurance plan.
      Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Working...
      X