This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pushy Kiosk Folks

First off, to all the kiosk employees out there on these forums, I hold no ill will against you personally, and I'm hoping you are just being forced to do this.

Maybe it's just the mall near me, but it seems in the last few years, folks working at mall kiosks are getting more pushy about selling you their product. Used to be none of them, or a very select few would try and wave you down or get you to come check out their wares. Now it seems like a majority of them are doing this and its IRRITATING AS HELL just to walk in the mall. Anyone else noticing this? Or is it just me?

As a pushy kiosk person, go to the mall's management office. My mall recently implemented a "no hawking" policy because of customer complaints.
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Ha! The kiosk people in the mall I work in just sit there at their computers like lumps and play Farmville. They don't dare go hawking for people, because that would mean they'd have to do some work.

Comment

The mall in my college town was hooorrible for that, my key was to avoid any and all eye contact, don't even think about looking over at them or the stand.

Comment

Lotion Folk: "Sorry, I'm allergic to way too much stuff."

Cell phone people: "I don't want the gov't tracking me!"

Comment

Our kiosks and stores can't approach customers outside their lease areas, unless it's some uber special corporate promotion thing. So, that means they have to stay within 3-feet or so of their stands. Our mall has never had really pushy people like the dead sea spa people; only had one problem, and we kicked that stand out!
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I get stopped by the ones selling hair straighteners. Obviously I like my hair curly, since I'm you know, wearing it curly. Also, I am insulted that they say it will look better straight. So if that's true, why do I get so many complements on my curls?
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I had an incident a few years ago when after I told one no, I was not interested in their lotion due to allergies, she proceded to put the lotion on my hand anyway causing a massive allergic reation

Comment

Half of what they sell, I can get cheaper at my work. 50 bucks for a nail thingy. Golly. I stay close to the stores as much as possible (except Hollister, it smells horrid in there).

Comment

Quoth Dasota View Post

The first one will just get you a spiel on how non-allergenic everything is, the second might work

I just do a standard "Not interested" to any and all salesmen. Give them the hint of a reason, they try to overcome it.

I used to sell craft products at home classes. Sales meetings were all about comebacks to customers' resons for not booking classes, etc. It was always treated as if the customer would love to, but couldn't because of whatever reason they gave, so we were actually doing them a favour by coming up with a way they could, in spite of that reason. As long as they could give reasons not to, we could give solutions to those reasons. Endlessly.

Never ever give a salesman a reason, it just gives them something to work with.

Madness takes it's toll....
                    Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                      So true, this. Why give them ammo?

Me? If they're polite, they get a polite "no, thank you, not interested."

The pushy ones get my patented "offended nun" glare, and "no, thank you" in same tone of voice you'd use to tell someone they stink.

You get what you give.

Comment

Quoth FormerCallingCardRep View Post
                        I had an incident a few years ago when after I told one no, I was not interested in their lotion due to allergies, she proceded to put the lotion on my hand anyway causing a massive allergic reation
                        That right there is worth an assault charge filed with the mall security office.

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                        Absolutely. "No," is a complete sentence.

"No, but..." is just a "yes" with a challenge.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Dasota View Post

Lotion Folk: I don't want the black helicopter dogs tracking me.
                          Cell Phone Pushers: I'm allergic to GSM/CDMA.
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I just pretend to be texting or talking on my cell when I walk past. That's kind of pathetic, I guess.
                            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Would screaming "I have teeth cancer!!!!!!!!!!!" be an appropriate response? LOL

(where's that pic?)
                              I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
                              X