This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not work-related, but I feel kinda awesome about myself right now

In the subdivision where I live, there is a particular street called Chalk Hill. It’s actually very aptly named, as it is literally a hill that happens to be bisected by a cul-de-sac on either side. Three times this week, I have gone up the hill without anyone pushing me (I'm in a wheelchair, btw, for anyone who didn't know this) or otherwise helping me in any way at all.

And that’s after traversing the bike path that goes behind my house and a steep downhill section that leads *to* Chalk Hill. Oh, and a detour through one cul-de-sac that splits the hill in half. Am I tired? So much so that I can barely lift my arms. Does it feel damn good? Yes. I love the fact that there’s a sidewalk that connects in one continuous loop across several streets here. It makes for the absolute best outdoor track, especially with all the uphill and downhill bits.
    Last edited by firecat88; 07-11-2015, 07:32 PM.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

You'll have killer arms in no time!

Comment

Wheeeeee. I can see you whizzing uphill and downhill, open hair streaming behind you.....
      No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

For the past two weeks, I'd been doing the Chalk Hill run with my sister and nephews daily as part of my older nephew's morning naptime routine (she and I walked, he rode in his stroller and ended up falling asleep before we were even 1/4 done with the loop). They went back to CT today, though, so this will be my first time doing it solo. I'm excited but sad because I already miss my walking buddies.

EDIT: For anyone who was wondering, the entirety of Chalk Hill run is about 1.31 miles, according to MapMyWalk.
        Last edited by firecat88; 07-22-2015, 06:39 PM.
        "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Working...
        X