This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C'mon, Irene.

As you know, the Little League World Series is finishing up.

However, rooms are still scarce, due to the increased traffic we get from other family members coming to see their teams in the championship, as well as those teams that stick around for the whole show.

Now, we are faced with a 3rd element. Hurricane Irene refugees. We have had so many come through here from NY, NJ, and CT, that the STATE OF PA along the I-80 corridor is SOLD OUT.

I just recommended to someone that their best bet for a room is Ohio (about 5-hrs away)

I really wish I was joking.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Ugh, and I have people bitch and scream at me when I can only find them a room an hour a way. You have my sympathies.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
      Ugh, and I have people bitch and scream at me when I can only find them a room an hour a way. You have my sympathies.
      Nobody got mad at me, and that's why it's frustrating. If you're nice, I want to be able to find a room for you.

Not a single jerk among them.

Which is why it is in "General Work Chat".

SC
      "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

During a huge, week-long power outage in the middle of winter when Boss Man was working in Seattle, he literally sold the laundry room when they were sold out. It was freezing, and people without power didn't have heat at home, but the motel had power, so he grabbed some extra pillows and blankets and sold the laundry room to someone who was willing to sleep on the floor in there, just so they could stay warm! Everywhere else was sold out or blacked out.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

No jerks. It's a miracle.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
          X