This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, Football Season

I live in a town (and state) where football is a religion and Nick Saban is a deity.. I also work 2 blocks from the college football stadium and the first home game is tomorrow.. This promises to be fun.

I'll update tomorrow after my shift is over.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Just don't mention the words "Toomer's Corner" and you should be fine.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Or worse yet "War Eagle"

Comment

I on the other had work and live in a smallish town that eats, sleeps, dreams, farts, shits and a few other various things <local team> FOOTBALL (yes they sell sexy night time outfits with the team logo on it and yes they do sell well). it is more than a religion here.

traffic after a home game is at best HORRIFIC and a total NIGHTMARE and at worst total gridlock for 2 hours. it takes us 20+ minutes to just get out of our parking lot when delivering after a home game. there are some hotels we can not deliver to just because of the gridlock.

you think you have rabid fans? LOL

religion has nothing on our NFL team. they even move the time of the Xmas day church serivces if the NFL moves the start time of the annual Xmas Day game. they are going to let the kiddies out of school early when celebrating the pregame-NFL party/1st game of the regular season.

3/4 of the town's businesses derive their names from the football team or the teams colors or the nickname of the town (becasue of the football team).
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

^ All of which are reasons I am glad I don't live there. But I am not far enough. I do like to annoy fans with quips like, "I'm from California. We like basketball." Earns a catbutt-face every time.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
            ^ All of which are reasons I am glad I don't live there. But I am not far enough. I do like to annoy fans with quips like, "I'm from California. We like basketball." Earns a catbutt-face every time.
            I thought California was all out for footbag. (Hacky Sack)
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
              yeah not far enough as some of the fans spill out down to your area's hotels and then they clog the the 2 mains highways (WAAAYYYYYY to much construction going on for football season) for hours. I believe the opposing teams stay down there too and get shuttled up here.

heck before a home game all of the hotels within a 50 mile radius of my town get booked solid.
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Was it the dog and pony show? >_>
                I just moved away from the stadium-view apartment I had, thank god. No more waking up to the score during early games.
                "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

They do the same thing here on the sexy night outfits with the team logo.. Nice dresses with the logo, here it's almost a constant stream of Crimson, White and Houndstooth.. I think I even saw some condoms with the teams logo.

The post game was hectic , I had to find alternative routes as a lot of streets were blocked off due to the enormous stream of fans (It reminded me of this island I saw on Animal Planet or the Discovery Channel about this huge crab migration.. I'll upload the video to You Tube a bit later).

I had several drunk fans flag me down asking me to take them to their hotel, I guess they saw the sign on my car thinking I was a cab.
                  Last edited by HappyFun Ball; 09-05-2011, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X