This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My shift from hell.

I believe this goes here. Mods move as needed.

Take a Friday morning shift add truck. Add remodeling the store. Then add the threat of Hurricane Irene. Hell I tell you, hell.

Our store's currently going through a remodel. We have a group of employees from stores in the area together on a team going through the district (?) remodeling. Which means our store's a mess, nothing's where is was last Sunday (remodel started on Monday and will be done tonight). Plus we have double the amount of employees but only our store's employees will actually help customers (with a few exceptions. One manager on the remodel team is awesome. He goes above and beyond.)

We sold out of flashlights last night. Then sold out of D batteries less then 2 hours after we open. After 9 I was only able to step away from my register to take my 15 minute break and my lunch. Around 1 a manager found more D batteries. Then our store manager found some more flashlights. I had people calling all day for D batteries and flashlights. After the last bit of batteries was found I had a lady call and I was able to hold some for her.

We had some sucky customers. We also had a few cursing out coworker situations. And my temper get shorter and my patience became less over the course of the shift. But my store manager bought us pizza!

My shift was over at 3:15. I normally am done by 3:05, 3:10 max. I clocked out at 3:30. I'm glad I'm off tomorrow.

Note: I live in Baltimore. We will have rain and most likely winds. But I won't be too bad. IMO the news is over hyping the effect Irene will have on us. I will be prepared though. I even called my dad who has weather numerous hurricanes in Florida before I was born and when I was little. He only added one thing to my (small) list of stuff I already needed, which I already had.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Oh gods! I had to go back to the store before they closed to get some stuff... The. Store. Is. Completely. Wrecked. It looks horrible. Several aisles are only half done. The closing manager is going to stay as long as he can to... Try to fix some of the wreckage. The stock room looks like hell.

Comment

So Irene didn't need to hit the store 'cause the customers did?
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Oy. At least some people are taking it seriously, and... obviously some were over-reacting.
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
          Oy. At least some people are taking it seriously, and... obviously some were over-reacting.
          Had 20 walkins on Fri night (3rd shift) The most I've had before was 9 or 10. Most of those were Hurricane refugees.

SC
          "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
            Best Headline About Irene:

IRENE: Category "feh"

The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

People were going crazy yesterday getting ice. There were random spots of outages throughout Baltimore and on the block my job is located we were the only one open, with power and with ice.

Comment

Working...
              X