Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > General Work Chat

Old 07-02-2018, 03:44 PM
Long live Gaz

Were you in the US, that "paying for first aid training" thing would absolutely be illegal. I dunno much of anything about Canadian labor law, however.
"I don’t know what English did to you or your family, but I cannot in good conscience sit here and watch you do this to it. You sir, are a monster." ~ Gravekeeper

"Don't weep for the stupid; you'll be crying all day!" - Fr. Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate: Abridged
"I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain it to you any further." – anon

Old 07-02-2018, 09:37 PM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth EricKei View Post
Were you in the US, that "paying for first aid training" thing would absolutely be illegal. I dunno much of anything about Canadian labor law, however.
Maybe. If it's "if you're the first person to get first aid training you get additional job security and a bump in pay" that's one thing. If it's "you there, take this course or you're fired" that's something else.

Old 07-03-2018, 01:25 AM
Long live Gaz

I was referring to making it mandatory, rather than doing it on your own in exchange for an incentive.
"I don’t know what English did to you or your family, but I cannot in good conscience sit here and watch you do this to it. You sir, are a monster." ~ Gravekeeper

"Don't weep for the stupid; you'll be crying all day!" - Fr. Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate: Abridged
"I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain it to you any further." – anon

Old 07-04-2018, 09:15 PM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth EricKei View Post
I was referring to making it mandatory, rather than doing it on your own in exchange for an incentive.
Of course. Don't know what options AkaiKitsune had there.

Old 07-04-2018, 11:32 PM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth AkaiKitsune View Post
Peregrine Falcon.
BEE-YOU-TIFUL!

I'd love something like that but TBH I don't think I could bring myself to feed it ...

We once had an Oscar (type of fish) and my poor grandmother, who babysat us daily while Mom was at work, had the unenviable job of feeding it ... worms.

Then there was the preying mantis my mom's father caught for us, and poor mom ended up being the one to feed IT ...

Cats and kibble are fine with me.

Old 07-04-2018, 11:50 PM
Pune Massacreeist

Quote:
Quoth Pixelated View Post
... I don't think I could bring myself to feed it ... .
Like my friend bringing home the feeder mice for his snake...

In the happy little box with big print saying "Thank you for giving us a good home!"

Old 07-05-2018, 04:10 AM
Warning: He thinks he's funny.

Some friends of mine once had fish that preferred live food. "Feeder guppies." It was ... disturbing to watch.

Old 07-05-2018, 11:45 AM
Pune Massacreeist

Quote:
Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
... "Feeder guppies." It was ... disturbing to watch.
My mother (mid 30s) put a baby guppy in a friend's glass of water while he was telling stories to the group... He thought they were hanging on every word, waiting attentively whenever he paused for a sip...

... they were watching the guppy swim away ...

... he got to the last drop, looked, said, "There's a speck of dirt in here." and dumped it in the sink.

So Mom told him there were two.

Old 07-07-2018, 04:01 PM
Bacon Whisperer

... Horrible, cruel to the guppy... yet hilarious.

Old 07-08-2018, 12:29 AM
Insomniac with Cable TV

Had numerous of our chickens and guineas 'volunteered' to feed the pair of eagles nesting in our lower pasture woods. Handsome birds.