Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Old 07-24-2018, 09:31 PM
Injector of Radioactive Things

She doesn't sound like someone I would want taking care of me. Or my worst enemy for that matter.

Old 07-25-2018, 07:17 AM
Assistant Manager

Quote:
Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
She doesn't sound like someone I would want taking care of me. Or my worst enemy for that matter.
It gets better - her aim is to get into management. Her mindset (aside from being irritated about doing an aged care placement) is "I just need to do enough to pass, then I'll go into management." (She's also studying a postgraduate course in management)

Sadly however, the placement has been cut short due to a death in the family.

If a student is going to be away for a few weeks due to a family emergency or if we had to cut the placement short due to the facility stuffing us around (both of which have happened), the procedure is to typically offer them "however many days they have left to complete + 1 week," either at the same facility or another one nearby, so as she only had this week left (and was due to have her final assessment later in the week), she's getting two weeks when she returns - and those two weeks will be right back in the same place

Old 09-01-2018, 11:54 PM
Paleontologist

Any updates?

Old 09-03-2018, 06:55 AM
Assistant Manager

Quote:
Quoth Dragon_Dreamer View Post
Any updates?
Not really - I was away while her final placement happened, but she managed to pass. We have had a few cases where the student looks as though they're about to fail, but then turn things around in the final week.

This is in a huge contrast to ANOTHER student who managed to get herself removed from two placements we set up for her because she has this massive laundry list of complaints and is otherwise rude to the facility staff. >_>