This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise is not a problem, but thank you

I went to my favourite restaurant tonight for supper, and the server told me I could have a booth near the back, but pointed to a huge line of tables that had been set together.

"There's a party of 30 coming in later; they all went to high school together and they're all in their 80s now. So you know, it could be a bit noisy back there."

I said it was no problem and she seated me. The former high-schoolers trickled in and sure enough the noise level started to rise. As usual, I had a book with me, so it all just faded into the background.

Suddenly one of the women in the group stopped by my table ... to apologize for the noise.

She explained the whole story: went to high school together, get together now on a monthly basis, etc. and she hoped they weren't disturbing me.

I assured her it was no problem at all and went back to my dinner and book. How nice was that??
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Not everyday that you get such a warning.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

The correct response is, "WHAT?" ;-)

Comment

If the had just remembered to bring their hearing aids, they would have to yell so loud.

That was nice of them. Most people are so self centered that they simply do not care how they affect the people around them.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
        X